Pages

06 June 2020

in case I haven't been clear

Two dear friends in the last 12 hours have told us that the white church is being deafeningly silent. I don't own a stained glass building, and brand new to Mississippi in the middle of Covid-19, I don't even have a church yet.

But I AM the church, and the color of my skin is white. I AM the church, and if I am deeply hurting from long-standing broken racial injustice, if our brothers and sisters are hurting from silence, if my prayers have been deep and constant, let me pray them out loud for a minute.

Coming from a non-social media culture the last many years, we must be keenly aware that speaking up on FB, taking a stand on Instagram, sharing truth on Twitter PALES in impact to speaking up around your dining room table. Sharing truth on our pages PALES in comparison to doing the genuine, sacrificial, painful, messy relational work needed for true change. 

If change begins at HOME—and it DOES—then let's get some people into our homes...not just our Facebook feeds. If at the root this sin issue is a HEART issue, NOT a political issue (and it IS) then let's invite God to do the heart work. Let's be urgently praying for soft hearts for our countries and communities, let's be His vessels as we speak His truth in love, that hearts might hear. 

If in some way I have been unclear or silent, I HATE WHAT GOD HATES. And God hates (Proverbs 6:16) haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers.

"Brothers and sisters" is not a term of endearment for us. 
It is our theology.  

We constantly repeat "our brothers and sisters" to our children because it's our continual recognition of Biblical family TRUTH. God is our Father and Creator, and He made every person on planet earth in His image. We look like our Father, not the other way around. 

Every person we encounter looks like and comes from our Father, therefore is our brother and sister—and to suffer prejudice, racial or otherwise—is haughty and lying. To hate one another or wish less for one another IS to shed innocent blood. To have hearts that seek bad for others, instead of His good, is a heart devising wicked plans. To run to evil IS to diminish the image of God in another. To breath lies against His Truth—we are all made in His image and precious to Him, worth dying for—is a false testimony, which God hates. 

To sow discord among brothers is HATED by God. To sow seeds (which WILL grow) of pride and selfishness that one is superior to another (due to race, record, money, background, nationality, education, culture, religion, whatever!) IS discord. God hates discord because it violates the unity that Jesus prayed for in John 17, that we ALL be ONE, just as Jesus is one with the Father. 

As we HATE sin and the brokenness and separation it always leads to, alongside of a mighty God's holy hatred, may we not be poisoned by it. May our hatred of that which God hates—racism, abortion, idol-worship, abuse, suffering, lies, injustice, murder, selfishness—break our hearts and move our feet...not break our spirits and freeze our frames.  May hatred of injustice fuel His great love in and through our lives, not snuff it out. 

God's hatred of sin led to the most beautiful and powerful display of love ever known. 

In case I have been unclear or silent, racism (prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior) is a sin against God and His creation, and as such, our family HATES it.

May hatred of sin lead the multi-colored church (that is just you and I, Christ-followers) in these coming days in some of the most beautiful and powerful displays of love the world has ever known.

May we lay our lives down, always, for the only cause that matters...Jesus. 

We've only got one life, friends. Let's give it up completely for Him, that He might give it back to us again...no more tears, no more broken.

Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my righteous and victorious right hand. 
Isaiah 41:10

6 comments:

  1. Well said, Ms Stacey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I contacted herpes' I was told there is no herpes cure except treatment to
      control it. I totally lost hope. All I could think was losing my life it
      was so embarrassing to have this virus, few weeks ago I ready about a
      possible natural herbs cure which was guaranteed. And I ordered the natural
      herbs treatment from Dr voodoo after some weeks I got 100? cure. Now I'm so
      excited to share this testimony contact Dr voodoo WhatsApp number
      +2348140120719 also e-mail him at: voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am here to give my testimony about Dr Ebhota who helped me.. i want to inform the public how i was cured from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) by salami, i visited different hospital but they gave me list of drugs like Famvir, Zovirax, and Valtrex which is very expensive to treat the symptoms and never cured me. I was browsing through the Internet searching for remedy on HERPES and i saw comment of people talking about how Dr Ehbota cured them. when i contacted him he gave me hope and send a Herbal medicine to me that i took for just 2 weeks and it seriously worked for me, my HERPES result came out negative. I am so happy as i am sharing this testimony. My advice to you all who thinks that there is no cure for herpes that is Not true just contact him and get cure from Dr Ebhota healing herbal cure of all kinds of sickness you may have like
    (1) CANCER,
    (2) DIABETES,
    (3) HIV&AIDS,
    (4) URINARY TRACT INFECTION,
    (5) CANCER,
    (6) IMPOTENCE,
    (7) BARENESS/INFERTILITY
    (8) DIARRHEA
    (9) ASTHMA
    (10)SIMPLEX HERPES AND GENITAL
    (11)COLD SORE
    HERPES. he also cure my friend from cervical cancer Email: drebhotasoultion@gmail.com or whatsapp him on +2348089535482

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought my life had nothing to offer anymore because life became meaningless to me because I had HERPES virus, the symptoms became very severe and bold and made my family run from and abandoned me so they won't get infected. I gave up everything, my hope, dreams,vision and job because the doctor told me there's no cure. I consumed so many drugs but they never cured me but hid the symptoms inside me making it worse. I was doing some research online someday when I came across testimonies of some people of how TRADO MEDICAL DOCTOR PAUL ODUKU cured them from HERPES virus, I never believed at first and thought it was a joke but later decided to contact him on the details provided and when I messaged him we talked and he sent me his herbal medicine and told me to go for a test after 21 days. Within 21 days of medication the symptoms disappeared and when I went for a test Lo and behold I was NEGATIVE by the Doctor Who tested me earlier. Thank you DR PAUL ODUKU because I forever owe you my life and I'll keep on telling the world about you. If you are going through same situation worry no more and contact DR PAUL ODUKU @d.r_odukupaul Call/WhatsApp: +2349064430408. Email: odukuherbalremedies@gmail.com ttps://www.facebook.com/Herpes-Eraser-102292594719987/ https://permanentnaturalherbalcure.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Friends i am so glad to writing this article today to tell the world how Dr voodoo cured my HSV VIRUS,i have been detected with HSV-1 AND HSV-2 since five years ago, ever since then my life has been in complete bizarre and agony,i have used so many drugs that was prescribed to me by several doctors,but it didn't cure my HSV VIRUS neither did it reduce the pain,until a certain i was checking for solution in the internet,then miraculously came across Dr voodoo the powerful herbalist that cure numerous individuals HSV-1 AND HSV-2 INFECTION,then i contacted his whatsApp number at +2348140120719 or email: voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com i explained everything to him and prepared a cure that cure my HSV-1 AND HSV-2 disease totally after receiving his herbal medicine, so my friends viewers why wait and be suffer when there is someone like Dr voodoo that can cure any disease HIV/ CANCER/ HEPATITIS B VIRUS, you can contact his via : voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com or WHATSAPP +2348140120719

    ReplyDelete