Pages

05 June 2020

Sofia Lovely


One day last year, the school asked us to come pick up Sofie. One of her classmates had ringworm all over her scalp and body, and after her family was forced to shave her bald to treat the ringworm, the teacher had instructed everyone to steer clear of her until all her spots were no longer contagious. 

Classic third grade, she was teased incessantly that first bald and spotted morning at school, being told she had cooties and that anyone who touched her would have cooties, too. Despite being told several times to stay away and now with the teasing aimed at her, Sofie moved and sat in the friend's chair with her, rubbing her arms, hugging her, cupping her face and holding her hands, and yelling at the kids tormenting her.

By the time I got there, Sofie was pale and drenched in hot, angry, heart-broken tears...the jeers of their classmates crushing her own spirit, and feeling sick over disobeying continual instructions to avoid someone who was hurting, but continuing to embrace them, all the same.

This girl feels deeply, loves fiercely, befriends every child, toddler, baby or animal she has ever met at every store, yard, church, park or home, has a passionate sense of style, and I am THANKFUL to be her (tired) mama. Loving others is always very simple and true in her mind, and she reminds me. 

Happy NINE Sofia Lovely! It was a beautiful day with lots of friends throughout and God just reminded me again and again how as our hearts feel deep the gaps--the family not here, the family so far--He is the God of my gaps. He's in the gaps. This time of gaps are our golden hour...for He fills them with Himself. I will search and find Him there....and I did today. He filled our gaps with an abundance of new and newer friends, and what was still left, He filled with Himself. 

Trusting Him with the gaps in Sofie's life as we pour out our very best unto Him...into her soft heart. 




















Love her. 






2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am here to give my testimony about Dr Ebhota who helped me.. i want to inform the public how i was cured from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) by salami, i visited different hospital but they gave me list of drugs like Famvir, Zovirax, and Valtrex which is very expensive to treat the symptoms and never cured me. I was browsing through the Internet searching for remedy on HERPES and i saw comment of people talking about how Dr Ehbota cured them. when i contacted him he gave me hope and send a Herbal medicine to me that i took for just 2 weeks and it seriously worked for me, my HERPES result came out negative. I am so happy as i am sharing this testimony. My advice to you all who thinks that there is no cure for herpes that is Not true just contact him and get cure from Dr Ebhota healing herbal cure of all kinds of sickness you may have like
    (1) CANCER,
    (2) DIABETES,
    (3) HIV&AIDS,
    (4) URINARY TRACT INFECTION,
    (5) CANCER,
    (6) IMPOTENCE,
    (7) BARENESS/INFERTILITY
    (8) DIARRHEA
    (9) ASTHMA
    (10)SIMPLEX HERPES AND GENITAL
    (11)COLD SORE
    HERPES. he also cure my friend from cervical cancer Email: drebhotasoultion@gmail.com or whatsapp him on +2348089535482

    ReplyDelete