Pages

18 October 2013

today's miracle.

Oh, this grown-up life.  You have to be the adult, no matter what :)

Sometimes I wish I could go back to someone else being the adult so that I can deal with stuff the easy way: emotionally.  

But no. 
Can't moan and groan in bed with sinus headaches and sneezing, watching movies and getting TLC when there's class to teach and money to manage, mandatory meetings and two little girls who need help with everything from getting dressed to pouring juice.  Or at least you WISH they had gotten help pouring the juice.

Can't shed a tear and kick the dog over the injustice of no more movie nights with dear Puff when the kids are horrified and sad and bawling.

Can't kick and scream over still having no internet, typing posts through my phone, trying to work through my sister in Philly, and having 2 weeks now of no FB, no Pinterest, no blog-reading, no researching...limited emailing...

Kicking and screaming isn't going to make any of that happen any faster, and as we're learning, paying big money doesn't either :)

Part of being a grown-up, I guess, is that how we feel can't often dictate how we act.  

Personally, I just don't know how that's possible outside of Christ.  

There's simply too much hurt, too many injustices, too much frustration and anger in the world to act and live and speak in peace and love and forgiveness.  It's just not possible to eat hurt and spit out love.  To be slapped on the left cheek and give lovingly the right.  To witness or suffer injustice and desire no revenge, no teaching of lessons.   Not possible to receive bad and give good, to obtain black-and-white and bestow all colors of grace.

It is just not possible.
Outside of Christ.

But in HIM?  It is not only possible, but mandated.  Not only plausible, but imperative.  Not only required, but powerfully assisted.  Praise the Lord.

Not only unexpected cool water to others, but deeply nourishing and freeing for self.

I'm so thankful, so thankful, that the realities of the world are not mine.  
That I can be truly free, even from the depths of my own emotions and the strong hand the world.
That I can give back something of HIM that I have never received from the world.

Because of who God is...
Because of His Son...
Because He suffered and died...
Because He lives...
...I can be healthy (though sick) today...full of joy (though mourning) today...content (though frustrated) today.  Praise the Lord!

So many of you are a testimony of the very possibility of that miracle every day...Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. Great prospective. I wish that I had learned such a lesson at your age. I am still learning and I am now officially "old" at age 70. I often tell my grandchildren to enjoy their age because adult lasts an awfully long time for most people! Praying for you and your family. Again, thank you for sharing your heart.

    ReplyDelete