Pages

31 August 2024

stand and hold and see

Studying Revelation on Thursday nights has been such a perspective altering gift, but it's not just Revelation, of course.  If He is on the throne, judgement and salvation in his right hand, now and not yet and for them and for US today...then my life is a totally different story. 

The Old Testament and New show and say all the same things. Kings battled and chose and were righteous and sought the Lord or they did not...and God battled for them, bringing down mighty walls and mighty enemies...salvation, or He ushered up anger and hardness in the hearts of enemies for judgement and destruction of divided ones, of evil ones, of those whose hearts were not set on the Lord. 

If He battled then, He battles now, and it brings me no small comfort and guidance to know that who He is and was and what He has done and is doing is ALL now and not yet, for those of the Old and New Testaments, for everyone since, for me. 

We are powerless. We do not know what to do, but our eyes are on you.

So the Lord said, "Do not be afraid and do not be dismayed at these great enemies, for the battle is not yours but God's. You will not need to fight in this battle. Stand firm, hold your position, and see the salvation of the Lord on your behalf. Do not be afraid and do not be dismayed. Go, and the Lord will be with you. 2 Chronicles 20

God must have known from the very start that being afraid / worried and being dismayed / discouraged would be major human temptations. 

As Matt always says, He doesn't ask us to do things He knows we cannot do, with His help.

I have sure had a lot of moments these 40 years of not knowing what in the world to do, and feeling so powerless to change the situation. Sometimes, even powerless to even face the situation! 

And yet He says it to Jehoshaphat, who had his heart set on the Lord, "stand firm, hold your position, and watch."

As I pray for those far from the Lord and in dark and weary places...

As I miss my parents and wish we had family close by...

As we face spiritual warfare, standing in the gap for a church flock/family...

As I am tempted to worry about my children and bonus children...

When I am discouraged by the hearts or words of other...

When my heart is heavy over the suffering of dear brothers and sisters, here, in Haiti, around the world...

When I am tempted to think His hand is short...

When I am tired and wonder if He sees....


He does.

Stand firm. Hold your position. See the salvation of the Lord on your behalf.

I have SEEN it. And we will see it again!

love you





4 comments:

  1. ❤️ amen. -RS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so we are concerned and "worry" and struggle about some of the same things?? Love you Stacey!

    ReplyDelete