Pages

25 August 2024

let's be THAT

My short Sunday word from His short Sunday word to me.

After a powerful sermon on prayer, I was praying. As Lindsay and Noah led us in worship, I prayed and prayed, bringing to the Lord my inner burdens with urgency and honesty and trust and pain.

Lord, they say......I spewed out my list of painful grievances. 

...AND they think!...the wrongs rose up before me. 

He cares and saw, and I regurgitated all the mess again, running Him through my whole steady stream.

And then, as the Great Lion often does through the Narnia series I'm reading each bedtime to Nora and Ben, He quietly roared His truth at me, and it silenced me completely. He spoke it deep and loud and sure and quiet in a way that cut off my ramblings and left my strings disintegrated. 

You. are. who. I. say. you. are.


Done.

Does He know what they say, friends?

He does. 

Does He know the truths and the lies? 

Yes He does. 

Does He know the worst and the best? 

He does.

And it's not just about Him having the final say, though He DOES and WILL.


It's that HIS SAY is THE REALITY.

The reality, in light of all my burdens this morning, is that things are the way He says they are.

What a gift His silencing gave me this morning. 

My lies and worries exchanged for the true perspective. 


Carry on, beloved.

Your past, your circumstances, your friends, your enemies, your efforts and your rest : You are who He says you are.  Let's please HIM.

Let's be THAT.  

let's be that.



1 comment:

  1. Amen and amen. I’ve been thinking along those same lines too.💙

    ReplyDelete