Pages

08 September 2024

10-fold in Him

If you're feeling stuck...or if you are discouraged....or if you're not sure where to go from here...or if you are bone-weary...if you're spinning circles or praying for the same things, again...

I up and decided these 40 days I'm spending a non-negotiable first full-hour in His Word and prayer. I've got my to-do list to the side to write down distractions, I set up Mr. Coffee the night before, and before the BEN gets up in our household? It is BEFORE. 

But those hours in Matthew, Hosea, Amos, 2 Kings, Psalms and Isaiah this week?

Sacred priceless.

It is amazing how starting the day with an hour of His perspective makes the day entirely different. How sticking with that every day makes the week entirely different. How that which felt poor a week ago feels rich. How that which felt heavy a week ago is hard to remember the weight of. How that which seemed hopeless has grown strangely dim. 

I know we all know this. 

So why do I forget and get into "squeeze His Word in where I can" seasons?  

Whatever I have lost in sleep, I have surely made up 10-fold in Him. 

Psalm 139 the kids are memorizing, and it tells us He in before us, and follows us, and that His hand of blessing is on our heads. 

In Matthew, Jesus tells us a hundred times that our sacrifices and efforts matter to Him SO much less than justice and mercy and faithfulness. 

In Revelation, our Mighty God is on the throne and WILL bring justice.

2nd Chronicles that the battle is not ours but Gods.

Isaiah that His hand is NOT short. 

Don't we forget?

If He has us THAT hemmed in, family, don't we want to remember it? What His priorities are, don't we want to match them? What He is in control of, don't we want to not battle for? Who He truly is, don't we want to look to, again and again? That which He is showing us...don't we want to SEE? That which mighty God of the universe is saying, don't we want to HEAR?

Pick a week, 10 days, a month, 40 days, and join me. Pick a reading plan or a book of the Bible and don't stop 'till the time ends...Give reading His Word a full, uninterrupted hour, and tell me next week what He's shown you.

Yes, God is always here with us. 

But when we show up...He does, too.

Sometimes we feel God has been silent when our Bible has been closed.



No comments:

Post a Comment