Pages

16 July 2024

room

Sunday was a beautiful time of Wholeness and Healing at Wellspring, and the timing wasn't lost on me as perfect!  

Amidst the pain that has shadowed these days, we read, give me courage, O Lord: courage to live them fully, to love and allow myself to be loved, to remember, grieve and honor what was, to live with thanksgiving in what is, and to invest in the hope of what will be. 

So we, your children, are at liberty to lament our losses, even as we simultaneously rejoice in the hope of their coming restoration. 

In one hand, I grasp the burden of my grief, and with the other, I reach for the hope of grief's redemption. Let our hearts be surprised and shaped and remade by the same joy that forever wells within and radiates from Your heart, O God.

Listing out my griefs and cares, seeking where He was in them and where He is today, forgiving final seeds of bitterness, declaring His faithfulness...what powerful practices Sunday and ongoing!

I'm so thankful. Being a part of HIS church continues to be one of the richest threads of life. When hurting sisters are stopping in after work for a cup of coffee and a prayer or friends going by Matt's office with a question about something they read in Romans, when a community is seeking true healing, together...when I can stop 3, 4 times a week to worship and pray and grow in His Word as a community...these are rich gifts! If you're not in the perfect church, get all in to an imperfect one. 

Let me leave room, always, for your redemption. 



No comments:

Post a Comment