Pages

01 June 2024

strengthening ourselves

Alright, if you're Methodist, or think you are, or want to be, think what you're hearing about the United Methodist Church IS what it is to be Methodist (yikes)...or are just curious...Matt's recent weekly study on what it means to be Methodist has been SOLID. Interesting, inspiring, deep. 

I grew up in the UMC, but there is a LOT I didn't know about it's foundation, about John Wesley, about what Methodists believe, about it's rich Wesleyan heritage. This study has been awesome and edifying to my faith, and you can listen/watch it here: https://wellspringms.church/who-we-are/our-faith/meaning-of-methodism/.  It is so important to know what we believe and why! Get ready to have your mind and heart stretched!

Meanwhile, have I said yet how GLAD I am that it is summer?  I was burning the candle at both ends, and this week full of slower mornings, house projects, play dates, visits with Lady Jane, Gaga, date night with Lily and Sofie, a few good church meetings, horse-back riding, a movie night, friends, working in the garden, and tonight, our first Ayars baseball game. Oh yes, and this week included rescuing and housing a 60 pound dessert tortoise the kids loving named Master Oogway until his owner could be found (thank GOODNESS. Only the Ayars.)

Our summer bucket list has been simple this year, and this slower week has reminded me how much we all need that. This. Has. Been. Some. 2. Years.

The Lord, of course, has me at the perfect place, reading through Acts, 1-2 Samuel and Psalms right now, and again and again in Acts we see reasons to be defeated, reasons to be discouraged, good reason for abandoning the work...and instead the apostles suffering and persevering and working continually to encourage and strengthen one another, rejoicing in what God is doing instead of lamenting in what people were. 

Don't be afraid, go on speaking, do not be silent, I am with you the Lord encouraged them again and again, though they were misunderstood, though they were lied about and against, though they were beaten, threatened, imprisoned, stoned, homeless, hungry. 

David got it, all through 1 Samuel, running for his life, mistreated, mis-hated, and yet it says in 1 Samuel that again and again he strengthened himself in the Lord his God.

There are some heavy things right now in my life, I know there are in yours. 

But not only can I continue to encourage and strengthen others through His Word, I can also continually, unconditionally strengthen myself in the Lord my God. His strength is always available to us, in every circumstance. I am just holding onto that....I am wanting to be Davidic in this season, a woman after God's heart, strengthening myself in the Lord.

Christians, encourage one another on...we have to be set apart, together, working for His kingdom and looking like our king, not working towards our own kingdoms.  Our battle is not against flesh and blood...

So grateful for summer days, happy, healthy children, the Good work of living and preaching the Gospel, and for many of you, always encouraging and strengthening me. 



 














1 comment:

  1. Strengthen ourselves in the Lord 💙. (Break from all the schooling 🙌🏻)

    ReplyDelete