Pages

04 June 2024

the question God has asked me the very most


Oh, I have written this blog before.

Different circumstances were on my mind, I'm sure. But the hard, unshakeable truth that resonated then resonates now, circumstances brought dim.  

He can be trusted, our Father. 

Our experiences with our earthy fathers aside. Our experiences with our earthly family and friends, cast down. Our experiences with our own best efforts, laughable. 

He is not like us nor does He fit in our constraints of understanding or experience, praise Jesus. 

He can be trusted.

We know this. 

But.

How often lately I find myself thinking, "I know He can be trusted, but what if He doesn't consider such-and-such or isn't aware of such-and-such?" or, "I know God can be trusted, but what if I don't trust this or that person, who is calling the shots?  What if THEY can't be?  or, really, if we are honest...

I know God can be trusted, but can I trust Him to do it the way I want it done?

Can I trust Him with MY turnout?

Can He REALLY be trusted to do it the best way, which is very clear to me?

Sigh-diddie-sigh-sigh.

Stacey.


What person is suddenly on the throne and God is not? 

What outcome am I suddenly God of the Universe to understand as "best"? 

What human turnout of my own do I really want Mighty HIM to ensure?

What precious child or husband or friend or country or treasure do I have that HE is not FAR better trusted with and aware of and able to care for than my very self? 


When He asks me these days, again, for the 40 billionth time as I stew or nag or point-out or furrow, "Do you trust me?" and I silence all my quick "yes, buts..." for a decisive, firm, open-handed YES, Lord...I know He takes that chia seed of faith and delights and works.

From our small and genuine YES, Lord...God WORKS.  

Our God, beloved, can be trusted. 

Your Father Who Loves You can be trusted with your THING today. 

Let's silence whatever needs silenced and deeply trust Him. 

Yes, Lord. 

I will tell you how it turns out. Tell me, too. 


3 comments: