Pages

26 May 2024

catch up

School ended Friday, and after churches Sunday, we headed to the Mississippi coast for the most wonderful three nights away with the crew.  While taking 7 kids on vacation is not relaxing, it IS fun...and they had SUCH a good time. Some friends from church let us stay at their place, and between a lazy river and two water slides, they were blissfully happy.  I love these precious kiddos...time with them and with each other is our favorite! Not meal planning, doing laundry, or cleaning up the house was my second favorite. 

I'm so thankful our seven are friends. We don't really give them a choice. But still. I remember my mom, on summer vacations, always being blissfully happy that we were all home and all together, and I get it now. 

Matt has been studying a lot about Methodism and John Wesley lately, as he's teaching/preaching at Wellspring, and it's been really deepening him.  Studying all the arguments on entire sanctification, learning about Wesley's 12 rules for the men and women he was discipling, learning about his passion for holiness......I love being married to a Rev. Doctor Matt Ayars, because I am learning SO much from his musings and readings, and from his Thursday studies and from his Sunday sermons, and suddenly I'm thinking and praying an awful lot about what I'm learning.... 

Growing. Growing in Him makes you WANT more. 

We have had a roller coaster few days since returning with the foster ministry part of life, and we'd love your prayers.  

He reminded me prayer-walking the other day with Memmie that Him allowing awful and broken often leads to His GOOD and His sweet...often leads to Himself.  

He reminded me again yesterday, 21 years since mama's death, that He's been with me EVERY step of the way. Every. and that He. HAS. been. faithful. and. enough. 

So 

can't I trust Him with the futures of my bonus children? 

Keep reminding me, Lord.

most random post ever :)












2 comments:

  1. AnonymousJune 03, 2024

    Love you. Thanks for sharing how we can pray for you all. This is an opportunity to prove Him faithful. -RS

    ReplyDelete