Pages

28 October 2023

as all God's people should

Nora, Sofie and I have been memorizing Ephesians 3:14-20, several weeks now, verse by verse. They're both quicker on the memorization thing than I am, but they don't leave me behind, with their hand motions and rhythms. 

So when Matt was struggling last night, feeling all the weights of the world, overwhelmed by how small he is and how big the work, it's no wonder the Lord brought it right to my mind. As I prayed Ephesians over him from my alongside heart, it settled me into such a free-er perspective. 

I fall to my knees and pray to the Father, Creator of Heaven and Earth...

    Every inch of my concerns and heartaches fall in His realm. He's both our Father, loving and present,  and also the mastermind and all-powerful creator behind every inch of our physical and spiritual world. There is no war-torn corner nor mud-hut village nor orphaned child nor lonely heart where He is not, nor where He cares not.

I pray that from His glorious, unlimited resources He will empower you with inner strength through His Spirit.

    Matt's resources may be short, Matt's strength may be failing, my capacity may be so limited, but not Him. He doesn't provide for us our own strength and efforts to rely upon, but empowers us with HIS glorious, unlimited resources, giving us His supernatural inner strength and resilience. 

Then Christ will make His home in our hearts as we trust in Him, and our roots will grow down deep into God's love and keep you strong.

        His home is not being build in our hearts when we are trusting in our leaders, trusting in our securities, trusting in ourselves. As we trust in Him, He settles in, and when He dwells in our hearts, our roots grow down deep and do what roots do: keep us strong. When all feels crumbly, as Matt was feeling, or when our branches are severed, as I've been feeling navigating this loss of my father, our roots dig deep and find God's love...and the winds and rain may come.

And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how high, how wide, how long, and how deep His love is.

    How wide, how high, how long, how deep covers every possible inch in His love.  When we have the power to understand God's love, as all God's people should, it changes our perspective on everything, doesn't it. 


What Scriptures are you always praying through your days and the days of your people? I love He's even given us prayers. 





3 comments:

  1. Isaiah 41:10 is what I pray a lot for you and others these days❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isiah 40:31
    But those who wait on the Lord
    Shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.
    I insert the person’s name in where the pronouns are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Psalm 139:5
    You hem me in behind and before, and you lay your hand upon me.

    ReplyDelete