Pages

10 August 2023

He comes in

This first week of schools has held the whole gamut of emotions--nervousness, fear, uncertainty, excitement, doubt, overwhelm, exhaustion, joy, peace, concern--and that was just me.

Add in three teenage girls at a new school, 6:30 am practices, three kiddos starting homeschool (one for the first time) and bad baby number 7 (I mean it...this girl is driven to find every high place, every fragile object, every liquid to spill!)...man. 

I have had to easy tiger myself 50 times.  Keep calm.  Don't call it all off right off the bat.  Give it a chance. Keep it together. Lace it with grace.

Close friends reminders to cling to what is deep and true have been little lights, and I have stopped 50 times (not physically...but mentally while driving someone somewhere or while cleaning up the crazy) and voiced my emotions and invited Him IN. 

Studying Islam with Nora-girl this week, I marvel at our God. Mohammed had some good, Biblical ideas. A lot of people and religions have.

But our God? He CARES about our emotions, our details, and WANTS to come into them and can direct them, renew them, heal them, redeem them!  He sees our dessert places and recognizes our thirst, and chooses to SEE and HEAR. All the details of which socks and car-line and Ben outbursts, He sees, and is steady in, and wants to come in. 

I mean.  Let's face it...seven kiddos and long days and laundry piles?  YOU don't even want to come in :). But My Good Father of good gifts, He is knocking and wanting to come in and dwell with me. Sit with me. Help me. Help them. Deep and wide.  

End of the days I am exhausted...but He is not. Listening to all the feels and helping usher everyone to Jesus, I am unable to do much but soothe and pray and cling...but not Him. His hand is not short, nor His patience. He is not helpless nor tired. While I sleep short nights, He is at work.  While I hope and trust and pray, He is DOING. While I entrust my kiddos each to Him, He is faithful. Faithful good. Faithful steady. 

What mountain-tops He has met me in, but these monotonous days of emotions and tantrums, bumps and bruises, peer pressure and awkwardness...He carries me.  

Who does that? Full of lovingkindness and grace? 

What a Mighty God we serve, big enough for little weeks. 

I give everyone and everything to You.  






No comments:

Post a Comment