Pages

13 April 2024

weaving

When we came to Mississippi, it was because John Neihof, the president of WBS, had suddenly passed away and WBS needed a new president.  Every Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, his widow Beth comes to the messy house for three hours and helps Nora, Ben, Emma, Sofie and I through homeschool, she joins us every weekly Family Dinner, rand all the kids love her as Gaga. 

Tomorrow Matt is in Michigan, preaching at her son Nathan's church for their annual missions conference.  The kids and I will be at our beloved church, where Elijah Friedeman is the pastor. Matt Friedeman, his dad, took over for Matt when he stepped away from being the president at WBS. Tomorrow afternoon, the kids and I will then head to our new church that Matt now pastors, Wellspring, where Hannah Friedeman, Matt F's daughter and Elijah's sister (and a dear friend),  just started as our interim worship leader. 

I don't know how that all works out except the Lord, but it is good for me to take note. It is good for me to remember that He's been working in places and ways I'm not seeing yet. 

Empty places, gaps we have no way of filling, God is miraculously sending people into we never would have thought of and never could have recruited. Maybe He's using us that way, sometimes, too. 

The precious family at Wellspring we are hemming into is being stretched and faithful and so are we. Many times the last four years it has seemed like He either wasn't seeing, or wasn't working...and He was. 

So I'm holding that for my Haitian brothers and sisters.

I'm holding it for my present gaps and helpless places.

And I'm holding that for you.




1 comment: