Pages

14 May 2020

random

The beeping tracker on my keychain that helps me find my continually misplaced keys is now walking around the yard on the shell of Houdini the turtle, who is suddenly not so good at hiding anymore.

Is that considered a first world problem? 

Oh, these kids. 


Short thoughts for tonight...

-This is a great weekly word from Paul David Tripp on happiness. 

-This is a book you need to be reading to your children with me at bedtime...short, powerful, true, inspiring, challenging God-sized stories, five minutes each or less.
or this... 
 or this...

-Our table came yesterday, and it is so, so, so good to have a place so eat and talk and gather together.  Does it match the chairs? No.  Did it come on time? Noooooo.  Was it a quick build?  NO.

Do I care right now? also no.  

Just thankful.  Please come join us anytime. 

-Mississippi is open/opening, and we were finally able to visit Matt at Wesley yesterday for the first time, and to meet some of the team there. So many GOOD things happening there...I need a post on that soon!

-Nikki is in her final days with our family and no, we don't want to talk about it.  She heads to DE to work at a camp this summer on May 22nd. What a gift her friendship, help and stability has been through these many transitions, oh my.

-Aunt Sharon is coming next week, and YES.

-We still have lots of speaking scheduled for this summer, all up in the air...still praying those will happen and that we'll be seeing many of you. God knows! We do not...but will let you know as/when we do!

-Baby Yasha, just to make your day, in one of my favorite Sofie and then Nora dresses in my baby-rocking rocking chair. Oh man. I can't hardly. 

-Finally, a good word from CS Lewis...
Do not let your happiness depend
on something you may lose

No comments:

Post a Comment