Pages

18 November 2019

Vertier Thanksgiving

Today was our Vertier-Day Thanksgiving, the day closest to American Thanksgiving that we all have off because it's a historic Haitian Holiday!  Sharon brought in a turkey, Matt fixed it up, everyone brought their favorites and we had a really nice day of conversation, games, basketball, coffee, catching up, and being thankful.

Having Sharon and Nikki for this Thanksgiving was a gift.  We Ayars are ALL sick...headcolds and sniffy and pretty miserable, but was a joy to have everyone together all the same!




Sarah's been gone for a few months and the girls were all so excited to have her back! 


It has been an incredibly challenging fall, but it was a gift today to focus on how thankful I am for His hand and provision. 

It was tonight one year ago that my sister went into labor three months early. It was tonight that I got the phone call a thousand miles away that she was fighting for her life, my niece fighting for her life, and all night, all night, I was fighting with them on my knees.  She tells me now of the woman God used to save her, the woman who came to her days later and told her how close Lisa's daughters came to losing their mother, and even as I cry again tonight remembering, my heavens, do we have so much to be thankful for, if my sister's miracle was even the only one we ever had. 
Great is His faithfulness.

Some of you have had your Thanksgivings and some haven't yet, but find a way to step back this year and usher some thankful into this weary world, unto our King.  The Prince of Peace, He is NEEDED...His miracles, so precious. 



No comments:

Post a Comment