Pages

25 October 2019

bring a chair

Having this team here has been such a gift....and not only for my family! (though I haven't seen Lily this excited and happy in a long time...she is a born hostess!)  

One of the things the students frequently are asking for is opportunities to practice the English they are learning.  Emmaus offers four levels of English classes to students, which opens up so many more Bible, ministry and discipleship resources and opportunities.  When some of our missionary team left in September, all our English One students were left without tutoring and speaking practice (I can only do so much :)...so last night was particularly sweet!  

I also love introducing our awesome family to our awesome family.


Even Ben was having a blast :)





Today and tomorrow is the conference/retreat that the team has come to do, and this afternoon some eight missionary couples and their kiddos will be gathering at Emmaus to STOP striving for a few hours and for feeding from His Word. 

Emily, Erin and I spent all afternoon yesterday cooking, cooking, and more cooking for this event, and today I am just looking forward to doing the same thing, introducing some of our awesome family to some of our awesome family, and to be STILL.  

I've changed over the years, I suppose I am changing, still, but the last 10 years of motherhood has truly brought to the surface my deep love of sitting in the back...praying and watching God at work.

I LOVE sitting in the back of chapel, praying for the men and women leading, praying for the men and women receiving, watching God Work. 

I LOVE watching our students and staff DO what God made them to do, covering them with prayer.

And I will love sitting in the back of my living room today, watching God stretch his mighty hands through Brian and Jenny and Andrew, watching the children squeal and play and be loved on out the window by Erin and Bree and Nate and Will, praying and watching our seemingly random group of co-workers in the North rest and hear and be met by the Word.

We need this supporting, encouraging, preaching, worshipping family terribly.  He knew and has miraculously provided and I'm thankful.

If you're nearby and love chicken pot pie and cheesecake and fellowship, drop by....and bring a chair!

No comments:

Post a Comment