Pages

27 October 2019

a sending God

There is a LOT on my mind and heart but I'm just going to share the places He has clearly shown up the last few days.

Matt always says that he is thankful that God didn't send a check or a package or a pill...but a person.

We figure if God's response into battle and broken was a person, His Son, then being people among hurting and dying and broken people is actually our job as believers, too...actually our calling as Christ-followers.

The days we can do the tasks we call our jobs and the days that we can't, this doesn't change. We can always be Christ among His people, those who are being saved and those who are perishing. The multitude of THIS work keeps us busy, doesn't it family, even if there were no 8-5 work, no formal ministry.

Just going. Just being. Just loving the way He loves, just encouraging, just holding firm.

The first pocket of peace we had in six weeks, God and a whole body of sacrificial, praying believers in Kansas sent us 7 people, who bought their tickets long ago, not knowing. The first days of peace in many, God sent children for our children. Mamas for my mama's heart.  Mamas to love on all our children.  Men to encourage and support our husbands. Brothers and sisters to pray. Brothers and sisters to teach and encourage. Families to pray with families in Saccanville, English speakers to help our English learners, teaching that brought 8 missionary families together.

The first opportunity in over two months, with fuel, with peaceful roads, with an open hotel and beach, we went.  A whole slew of us, just went to the beach, and sang praises on the sand to the sound of the waves, we watched our children run and splash and swim and God sent people, kind people and loving people, people with chocolate and new books and Christ to share and games for our children, just when we needed them.
This morning we drank our coffee on the beach and sang His praises, and joyfully witnessed sweet Bree be baptized, determining to follow Jesus with her precious life.

As we prepared to say goodbye and send them off to the airport this morning, reports were dark and heavy...we needed to go NOW, they needed to go NOW, the pocket of peace is done...threats of violence and fear and I will call it what it is, terrorism, are coming from all sides.  Monday, get ready. 
We quickly, silently packed as our children happily swam as long as they could, unaware, loving precious time with Will and Nate and Bree, and my heart threatened to quake. How is a place so beautiful, surrounded by mighty mountains and swaying palm trees and gorgeous sunshine and radiant people...how is it so broken? How is evil so prevailing?

I began to quake and He stopped me in my footsteps to pack the van.
HOW MANY TIMES is He going to show me that He is in control?  Did I plan the team right when we needed, right in the perfect pocket of peace, right in the final provision of fuel and propane, just the right people at just the right time and place, OR DID HE?  Have I strengthened myself and persevered these many weeks and months and years or has He?  Have I protected and cared for my children, have I loved the people of this island with an everlasting love, have I brought myself thus far OR HAS HE?
If He can do all this, surely He can get us home. If He has reminded me over and over and over these days and weeks that He hears and cares and provides...is He now finished?

The team arrived NO issue and are almost back to their houses in Kansas. We drove past not one, but THREE stations with fuel, unheard of for two months now, hundreds of people waiting patiently in line. We arrived home with sleeping, sandy kiddos and no problems, food for all our staff and students purchased yesterday. Fuel for weeks. Propane for weeks.

The word is bad. But I just spent two days being nourished by the Good Word.  The threats are horrific.  But He is SO good.  I laughed and heard stories and caught up about lots of friends and had ice cream and watched the waves, and rested, and that is no. small. thing.

The future looks dark, if it were the enemies. The enemy's.

But it just is not.  

If God sent a person, and still does...then sign me up.  I have been strengthened by the people He sent and the people He brought together, and the glory of His creation, and His Word at my thinnest.

I have been strengthened back to the offensive, and I am praying AGAINST one. more. day. of darkness and hatred and horror.  I am praying against walls and chains, I am praying against hungry and hopelessness, I am praying against threats and lies, I am praying against evil prevailing one. more. day.

And if I must, I will pray against it tomorrow, too.  I will be against it tomorrow, too.  I will fight against it tomorrow, too.

Send me.  Keep on praying.


No comments:

Post a Comment