Pages

13 January 2019

good church and bad teeth

Never dreamed when Matt taught Rodrigue Hebrew in 2007 (and Rodrigue’s class taught Matt much more) that the friendship would continue so many years! I’m so thankful to be in ministry alongside such faithful brothers and sisters. 
Sometimes ministry feels like you’re hitting that brick wall, hitting that brick wall, over and over...and then you look beside you, and see that the Rodrigues are, too. 
It was a great service this morning and Matt preached a great message on Christ for us, Christ in us and Christ through us. 
With gladdened hearts and encouraged minds, we carry on in the name of Our Father, together!


No one could find the basket when it was time for offering, and the deacons shot down the sparkly Dora the Explorer backpack...finally a woman in the back gave up her hat...and I realized that's probably where the expression "passing the hat" came from :)
So thankful for this church and friendship.

Can I ask you prayers one more time for tomorrow?  After increased issues with my tooth, I've been on antibiotics and lots of Advil and feeling pretty miserable.  After searching high and low and looking into options in the Dominican Republic, Philly, Florida and all of Haiti and not being able to figure out WHAT to do...tomorrow morning at 8 am I fly down to Port-au-Prince for an appointment at 10 am and hopefully return on the 3 pm flight.  

Two different people recommended the same dental clinic in Port, the dentist emailed me back three minutes after I contacted her, the taxi driver that somehow got Ben's passport paid for and completed is picking me up, and Junior, whom we haven't seen in forever and a day, is spending the day with me...all doors God's seemed to open. 

Pray for me tomorrow as I adventure, and for a clear and concise and good diagnosis and treatment of this tooth, and it's resulting eye, head, neck, jaw and sinus pain. Pray for my Monday crew (thankful for Nikki and Gertha to help Matt and the girls, yet again!) without Mom, and for continued open doors to get me there and back again.  I will be very glad when this is all over...thank you for your prayers!!



  










No comments:

Post a Comment