Pages

05 December 2018

precious time and prayers

Fiesty little Mayah struggles on with all the basics, little victories and little concerns, all piling up on the mountain of emotion, exhaustion and spread out love that is this little family's new reality.  I'm so incredibly grateful for these sweet and precious days to spend with them, for the time they're getting with her, and for the beautiful time with my nieces, Lily and Ben.  Thank you for your continued prayers for Mayah...and please just keep on!
I spoke to Matt finally for a few minutes this morning.  They are doing well, but this is a very busy week...finals week, Christmas events, year-end events and meetings, Sofie has had testing every day the last five week-days, Bible studies, writing and grading, grading and grading.  We are very thankful that rioting planned for today (a minor holiday) did NOT happen and things are peaceful and schools are open.  I MISS Sofie and Nora! (and matt, too :)...there are so many little Sofie-isms in Jayla, so much sweetness in these girlies that I miss in Nora.  I'm pretty sure I couldn't be handling 7 nearly as well as I'm handling 5 right now, but I do MISS them!

Pray for sweet Addy, happy and easy as they come and the queen of destruction.
Yep...you see the Sofie in Jayla back there, right?
While mom and dad were gone yesterday evening, we all had a pizza party / ice cream sundae / dance party / movie night.  The girls had the GIGGLES, and I just cherish it.

Meanwhile, another gift is that Grammy Barb (Matt's mama) was in Philadelphia for 2 days visiting her brother in the last days of his life, and finally finally got to meet Ben for a few minutes.
How precious precious that was.
Lily is getting lots of good cousin time in...trains, paints, books, and crafts.





I'm so thankful Lily came with me...she's been a much needed extra set of hands, and a great source of comic relief for her cousins :)
Another blessing was that Ben had his first ever doctor's appointment today!  It was incredibly hard to find a pediatrician who would see a five month old with no medical records, but we finally did, got his shots I've been anxious for him to have, and turns out Big Ben isn't all that big...80% for height, but only 40% for weight!  He's not sure how he feels about all these clothes, but they sure do make him look older!

THANKFUL to be right where I am, right when I am, and that I can.  

My dad and his wife will overlap us by a day, so we'll be very thankful to see them! Ben has gotten to meet his aunt, uncle, 3 of his cousins, his grammy and his Ms. Cindy, all in one strike! 

Thank you for your encouragements and prayers, and keep on!  






1 comment:

  1. I battled with ZERO SPERM COUNT ( Azoospermia ) for years until 6 months ego, I told my father in-law my problem because everybody was asking questions why we hasn’t got any kids after 9 years of marriage. I couldn’t help it than to break the silence to my father in-law, he gave me doctor Uduehi’s contact and I contacted him without wasting time, after I applied his medications I started experiencing sperm, although it was little at the benign but after a shot while it became more than 16 million. My wife is 2 months pregnant as I speak. You too is not left out, reach him if interested through: uduehiherbalcare@gmail.com phone/WhatsaPP: +2347084878384

    ReplyDelete