Pages

26 June 2018

drawing grace

Are you worried?

Over the past five weeks we have spent so much beautiful time with so many beautiful people, and something almost everyone has in common are things to worry about.

We have been so thankful to be able to share in carrying the burdens to Jesus over countless health scares and concerns, lots of kid concerns, marriage concerns, job concerns, making-ends-meet concerns, concerns about the future.

I'm always tempted towards worry over the girls...is taking them all around America 5-6 weeks a year damaging them? too difficult? Or is life in Haiti doing that? Not getting to be with family? Having our Haiti family always changing so much, having so many visitors?  I've been extra tempted, especially in the midnight hours of being up with Ben these last few weeks, to worry about him, and lots of well-meaning people have added to my concerns...what if he's not ok, what if I'm not ok, what if something goes wrong, will the airlines let me fly home tomorrow, what if there is an emergency, what if the doctor doesn't get there in time? I can get worried about Matt, about our friends and family both here and there, even about the people who openly portray their utter disgust, or at least complete disapproval, of our life as overseas missionaries.

There is a LOT to worry about, even in our own spheres, not even adding in local, national, global concerns.

I get it, feel it, know it and fight it.

And last night around 4, when I was thinking through some extra things I could add to my list, I pulled upon My Utmost for today, perfectly titled, "Drawing on the Grace of God Now", and talking about God's grace always being available to draw upon as needed, now, fresh, where we are, through prayer.

I turned off my thoughts and intentionally turned to prayer, asking for His grace in all of the worrisome situations myself, and those I care about, are in, and He turned my prayers quickly to His Word, same old Word, all powerful again.

Matthew 6, that we've all read a million times, reminding us not to worry about tomorrow, not to worry about our bodies, not to worry about what He's doing.  Reminding us of His great love and watch-care over even the birds and flowers, reminding us that He's GOT tomorrow if we will just have a little faith.

How blessed I am to have had several people encourage me on in faith this summer, how I have needed it and how He has met me there.

So I'm encouraging you.

Are you worried?

Do not be.  Not because the situation isn't worrisome, and not because it's all going to work out the way you'd like it to, or would plan.

Don't worry because He tells us not to, don't worry because His grace is sufficient.  Don't worry because He is carrying us, and how ridiculous to be in the hands of a mighty God who is IN the future and holds it, trembling with concern.  Don't worry because He has proved Himself over and over to be trustworthy.  Join me in intentionally not worrying, asking His fresh grace, practicing drawing on the grace of God in each moment.

He's got us.

Everyone has been to the doctors, all the bags have been packed, and our flights begin tomorrow at 7 am.  Praising the Lord with you that He provides for His calling in each of our lives...not just the money, but the ability, the strength, the courage, the family, and the grace.









No comments:

Post a Comment