Pages

14 June 2016

reproducing the echo of Christ's "come"

Our team arrived safely today from Delaware, and we are two days into our first EBS Master's course, taught by Dr. Charles Lake and Dr. David Long, entitled Holiness and Humility in the Life of a Pastor, and Carol is working hard to close our fiscal year and get us ready for a new one...these are full days!

So full, that I was sure we didn't really have time to hike the mountain to visit Gertha's house this afternoon...but I am SO glad we did.

Alongside all the ministry is my dear friend Gertha, who continues to be a grace in our home and lives. Despite so many challenges, I can honestly say I have never seen grouchy-Gertha.  I can honestly say that she NEVER complains.  What a testimony of Christ-likeness for my daughters, what a gift in my daily life.   I could NOT work at Emmaus if she didn't love on my kiddos and help me keep on top of all the laundry and cleaning and hostessing!
I am also incredibly grateful to have had Rachel here these three crazy weeks...what a joy it's been to have some extra hands and time to be loving on my girlies!  If she were up for adoption...
I continue to learn so much just living life alongside of our Haitian brothers and sisters...who overcome, who persevere, with joy.


This O. Chambers excerpt yesterday was so powerful, and all I hope to be, in Haiti, in America, in my life...echoing Christ's "come".

It is God Who engineers circumstances, consequently there is no complaining, but a reckless abandon to Jesus.

If you abandon to Jesus, and come when He says “Come,” 
He will continue to say “Come” through you; 
you will go out into life reproducing the echo of Christ’s “Come.” 
That is the result in every soul who has abandoned and come to Jesus.

In light of today's struggles, in light of a very broken world, in light of how to face it, how to address it, how to overcome it, COME.  As we come to Jesus, fully and with abandon, He will continue to draw us to Himself, that He might echo His desire for EACH one through our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment