Pages

26 August 2015

look up

As soon as I started reading "My Utmost for His Highest" for the day during my not-so-quiet quiet time, I remembered it as being one of my very favorites each year.


Are you ever troubled?

Are you afraid and confused by the waves and the turbulence God sovereignly allows to enter your life?

Have you left no stone of your faith unturned, yet still not found that well of peace, joy or comfort?

Does your life seem completely barren to you?

Then look up and receive the quiet contentment of the Lord Jesus.

Reflecting His peace is proof that you are right with God, because you are exhibiting the freedom to turn your mind to Him.  If you are not right with God, you can never turn your mind anywhere but on yourself.  

Are you looking unto Jesus and receiving peace from Him?  If so, He will be a gracious blessing of peace exhibited in and through you.


I mean, how EXCELLENT is that?

Tonight, as I listen to the cooling rains literally being sucked in by the dry and weary land all around me, I look up.  And receiving the quiet contentment of the Lord Jesus.  I claim, I pray for, I pursue the FREEDOM to turn my mind to Him.  Again and again.  A million times a day.  The freedom to look past myself, away from myself, die to myself, and turn my mind to Him.

That He might be a gracious blessing of peace in me, through me, today.  Whatever I do or don't accomplish.  However I do or don't feel.  Whatever I do or don't have.  Whoever may or may not be around me.

What a picture of close-to-Christ living.

here's some of the photos I promised...








sweet rain

No comments:

Post a Comment