Pages

18 December 2014

ready.

They are off...So thankful for Grammy and PopPop's visit and new fun memories...
We are tired.  This semester took it all out of us, and as much as I'm trying to convince ourselves that we are NOT burnt out, last week when I didn't know what to make everyone for dinner and I found myself choking back tears...and yesterday, when PopPop was talking about this kind of new ice cream he loves and again, I found myself tearing up (ridiculous!) and this morning, when someone asked when classes start again and I wanted to hide...

I think we're a bit burnt out.

There has been so much responsibility, so much teaching and administrating and financing, so much cooking and hosting and meeting and airporting and emailing and flooding and needing and carpooling and schooling...I'm tired, Matt's tired, we're tired.

And when we're here, it just never stops.

SO, I'm really thankful we foresaw this a few weeks ago and are going away...not Away Away, just next door away, but tomorrow morning we leave with the dear Heckmans for four days in the Dominican Republic, and I am so excited about the idea of someone else cooking all of our meals and doing all our dishes (no matter WHAT food it is) that (you guessed it) I could cry.

So so thankful for this opportunity.

SO, you ready for a pre-Christmas road trip?



3 comments:

  1. So excited and thankful you are going away... May you be blessed with the rest you are seeking and need. Love and hugs to all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful time in the DR! Enjoy every buffet/every meal - love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you guys are the best, Sharon and Aunt Lori...thanks for not making me feel bad. It's so easy for me to feel guilty over a break. We will enjoy...thank you for loving us well.

    ReplyDelete