Pages

15 October 2014

paradox

My grandpa passed away today, and I'm trying to wrap my heart around it.
It's beautiful to think he no longer misses mom.  It's beautiful to know that he is strong and free of pain. It's overwhelming to wonder about the fully restored presence of Jesus face-to-face.

It's devastating to think of not seeing him for however long it takes.  It's devastating to think of how my grandmom must miss him tonight, so many years side by side.  It's devastating to think of not being with my family as they struggle the same.
their favorite thing to do...ride the chair :)
I sat down with Lily not long after receiving the news, like this.
"Lily, you know how we've been praying for Great-Grandpa?"
Lily: "Yep."
Me: "Well, he died today, this morning."
Lily: "Soo, now he is in heaven?"
Me: "Yep."
Lily:  "He's not sick any more, and doesn't have any more wrinkles, and he can walk, and he has dark hair?"
Me: "Uhhhh, yes.  No more sickness, no more pain."
Lily: "And he's with Jesus?  And your mom?  And Shay and Prince Puff?" (pets)
Me: "Yes, He's with Jesus now."
Lily, with much consideration:  "Sooo, it's GOOD, huh."
last time we saw Grandpa, in July.
I'm so glad she knows what the Bible tells us, and what His Spirit tells me.  I trust Him and His Word.

So I rejoice.

With such a sad heart, tonight.

5 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear of your loss. I will be praying for you and your family as you go through this time of grief. Such a blessing to know he is with the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry your heart is so sad, but it is so understandable to have all those feelings about someone who you loved, respected and shared so much with. I loved Lily's thought process. Know that I will be lifting you and your extended family in prayer today and in the days to come. My sympathy and love.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for your loss. It is truly comforting knowing that they are with Jesus. Know that you are in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry Stacey, I have been praying for your Grandpa since you wrote that he was sick. Heartbroken but not without hope, thankful to know that he is with Jesus and you will see him again. Praying for you and your family and especially your grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry Stacey, that's such a hard thing to go through... especially from far away. We are praying for you very much!!!

    What a blessing it is to "hear" Lily's words of understanding of what the bible says:) fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete