Pages

20 August 2014

fixed.

Before I write one more word, let me make it abundantly clear.  The exact OPPOSITE of what I am saying is that Haiti has no hope.  Because of Christ, I believe Haiti to be DRIPPING in Hope.  

I do NOT believe Haiti, nor America, nor Canada, nor China, nor Bolivia, nor Brazil, nor ANY COUNTRY has ANY hope outside of Christ.  


I do NOT believe that any riches or prosperity or stability brings ANY hope to ANY country.  The world is BROKEN.  There is NO hope for man fixing it.  MAN is broken.  There is no hope for us fixing ourselves.  If this means I should be banned from all of humanity....well, I already HAVE.  This world is not our home, and I continue to live in it, not of it.


Bex, my dear friend devoted to Christ for the 10/40 window, commented best to this:


There is only one Hope for any of the broken, but it is not the hope that many people cling to. It's not a hope for financial prosperity or equal status with the rest of the world... But it's also not a hope for rest and paradise later and far beyond... 

It's a hope for the Kingdom to come, here, now, today. The blind will see, the deaf will hear, the prisoners will be free, the lame will leap, the oppressed will breathe...the broken will heal. Blessed are the poor, the hated, the weeping, the hungry (Luke doesn't even add the spiritual words)... (personally, I believe it's both spiritual and physical)

If this is not good news for Haiti, then it is not good news for any of us. 

If it cannot be true in Haiti, it cannot be true anywhere. 

If Jesus is not good news for ALL people, then He is not good news for me, either.


but He is. oh, He is. So good, so beautiful, so worth it.


If you are not in an intimate and living relationship with the Living God, then I suppose this entire idea makes me sound like the terrible hopeless person saying there is no hope for Haiti, for America, for man to prosper.   


Paradox: you will never meet a more hopeful person than Stacey Ayars.  I am endlessly devoted and NEVER will abandon the complete and entire hope for HIS KINGDOM, TODAY, in Haiti.  In America.  In Russia.  In North Korea.  In Afghanistan.  In YOU.  

NOT because of who we are.  NOT because of what we can do.  NOT because I see any good in the world, rich or poor.  Not because I see any good in man, benevolent or evil.

Because our Living God is alive and well.  Our Great, our One, our only Hope.

For it is for this we labor and strive, because we have fixed our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of believers. --1Timothy 4:10.

2 comments:

  1. AMEN! great insights Stacey and Bex

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wondering how Bex is. She hasn't updated her blog in awhile and I only know her through you. :)

    ReplyDelete