Pages

06 July 2014

something we needed.

I am rarely speechless.  
Met me?  Yeah, you know.

I am even more rarely type-less.  
Check our blog often?  You know.

But I just don’t know how to describe today. 

Our time with our Seeds of Greatness family was really, truly, deeply special. 

It’s always fun to worship and preach and share and visit here.  It’s always encouraging.  It’s always a gift.

But man, today it just humbled and refreshed our socks off.

I know I just wrote about peace being a person...and about needing more of that Person of Peace.

And man, did I find Him today.  
First, Matt preached just such a powerful message on the Gospel being Jesus and what that looks like, and I hope to share it with you here as soon as we get it.
We also were so blessed by so many friends from various churches coming out to worship at SoG with us.   (THANK YOU so much, so many of our Sharptown family and family friends, for joining our SoG family!)
And it is ALWAYS a blessing to meet and talk and pray with so many people, to worship together.
Praying with and catching up with Pastor Jerome and Lisa is always such a blessing, and this year, particularly insightful and encouraging as we shared our past year together.
But the best part of today was the hardest.

I love loving people.  I love helping people.  I love giving and giving and giving.

Receiving?  Not so much my forte. 

But for all we give, and for all we gave at Seeds of Greatness today, we always always receive so much more.

Having to ask people to help us live and minister in Haiti isn't easy.  Getting to thank people like SoG for making it possible for our family to live and minister in Haiti is a little bit easier.  But the act of having people directly, face-to-face, help us and lift us up?

Having each person in this family, one by one by one (we're talking hundreds of people, people) come up to us, hold our hands, give us their prayers and blessings and encouragement and press dollar bills into our hands....on and on and on and on...

I've never received such an overwhelming, uncomfortable, intimate, timely, answer-to-prayer blessing in my life.

After the twentieth person or so, it all melted down to just Jesus.  

Just Jesus hugging and loving and encouraging and providing for us. 

Restoring so much that has been worn down, 
blessing so many dry places,
and peacening us with HIS peace.

We are still glowing tonight, because in a matter of 30 minutes He met us so fully through SO MANY of our brothers and sisters, just generously and lovingly giving US Him...all we ever really need!
Treating US like the missionfield.
Letting HIM do His restorative and gracious and redemptive work in our lives.

Which was something we needed.

Praising the Lord greatly!




1 comment:

  1. Thank you Lord! I was praying for this for yesterday. I am so glad he met you :)

    ReplyDelete