Pages

11 December 2013

our Merry Christmas

As I usually do after writing transparently, I wonder continually if I should keep the hard elements of life between the Lord and I and just share the rosy stuff.

But it seems to be the challenges, the ugly, the heartbreaking that He uses in my life to shape and sharpen...and in yours, too.

I've been so blessed and heartbroken the last two days to hear of several of your "broken homes"...and He's replaced my insecurity over being real again with  blessing over reality being used for His glory.  

Nothing is wasted in our God, and He is NEVER not at work.  Because we trust Him, we can trust fully that He is in the middle.  That He is at work in brokenness.  That He can heal that which never could be healed.  
Today, that meant a horrifically awkward, abundantly painful and beautiful sincere apology and outpouring from my student.  

Today, I trust that means that God has a plan for Claudin.  For his wife, who is still struggling in the Milot hospital.

Today, that means He is at work in ways I just cannot see as dear friends struggle over their wife and mother eroded by strokes.  

Today, that means unmerited and miraculous forgiveness being poured out because He poured out.

Tonight, that means that I trust Him with our Lily-girl, who is coughing and wheezing and fevered yet again, even as we plan another trip to the doctor, even as I lay my hand again on her hot head--trust that He is at Work and that He KNOWS.
Everyday, I trust that means that God is at work in Haiti.  Even when I can't see it.

That the Light has come into the darkness, and the darkness canNOT overcome it.  

Which means His Light can still prevail EVERY DARK.  
ISN'T THAT is our Merry Christmas, family?  
That's my Merry Christmas tonight.

That even the darkness is not dark to You,
and the night is as bright as the day.  Psalm 140:12

Maybe you shared your dark and broken with me...for better or for worse, heaven knows I'm always sharing mine with you.  Maybe you haven't.  And that's ok, too.  I can do no more for your nights than I can do for those around me here....only take them to The Light.
But even the darkness of Haiti is not dark to Him, nor the night fallen over America, the dark cast over this world.  

Even the darkness in your life is not dark to Him,
Even your night, in His active presence, bright as day.  
It is what He sent His Son for.  Therefore, it is redeemable.  

I'm praying today as I pray for my student, as I pray for Claudin, as I pray for friends broken, friends hungry, friends violated, that the Light of the World will come.

It does not say there will be no darkness.
Only that darkness is nothing in Light of our Lord.

Trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment