Things are a little scattered right now, so this will be, too!
1) There are so many "rat-coons" at grandpa's house right now that if we leave the garage door open for an hour, we've got families of raccoons digging through the trash. Lily loves them. Everyone else, not so much.
2) I'm sure it's been super hot wherever you are, too! As uncomfortable as that is for everyone (well, we feel quiet at home, I must say :), it's been downright devastating for Uncle Adam and Aunt Lisa's hometown of Denver. This week has been full of lots of prayers and lots of checking up with their friends and family, some forced to flee their homes. We're thankful to have them here in Ohio for the week, and spent the 100 degree day yesterday at the pool!
3) Today, we are attempting a major first in camping! We haven't been in years, and it'll be Lily and Sofie's first time. Lily saw it on a Curious George episode a few months ago and has been SO anxious to have a go.
Aunt Sharon and Uncle Martin's camper rather shifted her visions of what this is going to be like, but we've told her ten times this will be TENT camping, and once she got through the disappointment of not having a "kid shower" and a "kid oven", she got excited again!
We're only attempting one night this first time (Friday night), and we'll see how it goes :)
4) Matt had the chance today to talk to all kinds of friends from home. Maxi, Abel, Gertha, Noel, baby Thalia, their families...everyone is well. We couldn't reach Micheline or Junior, but everyone wanted to know all they could about the girls and it was fabulous to catch up! Every time we think about it too much, we are just sick for home...just keep moving!
5) We are less than a week away from leaving for the East Coast for Phase 2 of our speaking this summer! We're looking forward to being with you, PA, NJ and DE!