We're back from quite the adventure camping!
We definitely are making this an annual tradition!
- the girls LOVED it and were happy the entire weekend
- unlimited toasted marshmallows
- we had a blast with Lisa and Adam
- we had a gorgeous hike today at Old Man's Cave
- our new tent proved to truly be water proof
- there was a pool nearby which got us through the 100 degree weather
- the rain cooled things down for sleeping
- we had a GREAT secluded camp site
- when the entire community lost electricity and water, we were already prepared
- we haven't laughed so hard in a long time!
- Lisa captured the most adorable picture of our little family right after diving into the tent in the pouring rain
- a rascal rat-coon woke us up at three am by opening and closing our cooler, rooting around, and stealing eggs and pepperoni, closing it in between each bite to keep his snack extra cool
- the huge storm which knocked over trees around us and has left the entire county and all surrounding counties (even still) was more than a bit intimidating!
- our camping friends who were supposed to meet us couldn't find us, there was no signal to call us, and there was no electricity for the rangers to find our reservation...so they were warm in their beds last night, but quite missed!
- my dad wasn't able to make it, and was sorely missed
- the broasted chicken place we always go to after camping was closed due to not having power (I know...we suffered :)
- my camera was somehow lost on today's hiking trail and never found, and I am just devastated sick over losing that picture :(
SO glad we went, so fun to do something so different from the norm, so great to do something new with the girls that brought out little bits of their personalities that we don't always get to see, and very grateful to have these few days for a bit of "family vacation" before we get back to traveling and speaking and heading back to Haiti in just a few weeks now!