Pages

28 September 2011

so turns out...

that Matt's dad is kind of a champ!  Tonight, while putting potholders away, I realized that I almost grabbed a ginormous tarantula instead of the potholder.

Yep, that means it was on my kitchen counter, and it didn't even run!  (It was waiting to dismember me).  I didn't even see the thing and then suddenly I realized it was an inch from my hand and that I had almost touched it, and oh man, my heart stopped.  

But, Keith killed it in like two seconds (wish he'd been here for our rat-night a few weeks ago), and I spent the rest of the evening making sure to clap loudly wherever I went (I've decided that they don't like that....which may or may not be true, but don't tell me.)

Unfortunately, Dr. Rodney's appendix ruptured before they were able to remove it, and doctors are saying that he is going to need a few days before we really know how he's doing...please be praying for this Godly friend and for his wife and three little ones.

Matt's parents headed to the airport this morning with Matt and Lily (who told me I had to stay home with the baby.)

I'm so very thankful for their time here, for the chance the girls had to spend good time with them and get to know them better, and for all the help they were, around the house and with their girls and just through their friendship!  It was a big blessing to be able to share our lives with them, to introduce them to the people we talk about all the time, and to catch up on their lives as well.  We feel very blessed.

We're a bit behind after too much fun visiting, so today it is a big push to get caught up.  Matt leaves in under two weeks for his last residency for his Masters, so there is much to be done!

1 comment:

  1. ew ew EW that is so gross!!!! i hope i never see a spider like that when we are there. ever. glad you guys had a good time!

    ReplyDelete