Pages

05 September 2009

healthiness, holiness, hunger



(Lily's 8 month photo)

The highlight of our annual field council meetings this year were the first 30 minutes of each day...a time in which a couple overseeing 6 different countries including Haiti for OMS led us in a devotional time. Their wise council, godly demeanor and humble spirits were not just a true and deep encouragement for us, but they bubbled over with The Living Water.

Their obvious healthiness that comes with holiness was so desirable to us, reminding us that if we have made Him the Lord of our lives, He SHOULD be desirable in us.

Laura shared a short "commitment" with us that radiated this exact idea, and I wanted to share it with you:


"I'm part of the fellowship of the unashamed.
I have the Holy Spirit's power.
The die has been cast.
I have stepped over the line.
The decision has been made...
I'm a disciple of His.

I'm finished with low living, sight walking, smooth knees,
colorless dreams, tamed visions, worldly talking,
cheap giving and dwarfed goals.

I don't need preeminence, prosperity, position,
promotions or popularity.
I don't have to be right, first, praised
regarded or rewarded.

I live by faith, lean on His presence, walk by patience,
labor with power...

I am a disciple of Jesus.
I must go till He comes,
give till I drop,
preach till all know,
work till He stops me."

She challenged us to read through these 'ideas' and to allow the Lord to use them to take us to that 'next level' of holiness....Which is EXACTLY what I want.

This is where the Lord has been bringing me, and continues to...a starvation for Holiness.

For perhaps the first time in my life, I want to be HOLY more than I want to be comfortable, right, popular, loved, appreciated, encouraged, happy, supported.

I want to BE LIKE CHRIST more than I want safety, freedom, to serve, to minister or to belong.
I want to DO WHAT HE DID more than I want to do what I want to do, what others want me to do, what I think I 'need' to do, what I have always done, or what is easily accepted.

If Christ so very often was persecuted, hated, laughed at, beaten, hungry, homeless, lonely, ridiculed, jilted, abused, uncomfortable, ignored, mocked and betrayed, then WHY do I think that being a Christ-ian, Christ-follower, should bring me prosperity, blessings, friends, happiness, rewards, popularity, comforts and justice???

I want to be like HIM, whatever it means.
"It was for freedom that Christ set us free." Galatians 5:1


1 comment:

  1. I don't need preeminence, prosperity, position,
    promotions or popularity.
    I don't have to be right, first, praised
    regarded or rewarded

    Wow, thats a soul searcher...

    Holiness.... Join me up!

    Thanks for the heart sharing.
    In His Love,
    Charlie

    ReplyDelete