Pages

23 February 2024

everything

The week's been full of continued recovery, a theater conference, winter formal for Lily, two "Meet Matt and Stacey" church gatherings, homework, three kiddos with a Science Fair today, and the death of a family friend here in Jackson, father to eight kiddos and a wife we love dearly. 

So it's been a week that blended tears with baking soda and vinegar, prayers with nail appointments and church bulletin edits, new community with old stories, people we miss and people we are grateful for.  New church family brought strawberry cake and Mississippi pot roast a night we were running 11 directions and badly needed it, old neighbors continue to fill our new neighborhood with good family, and hearing the stories of many many this week, I'm reminded everyone has been through a lot and there are people choosing Jesus every day and I see Him. 

I'm also seeing people chose forgiveness in really unforgivable places, and that example shapes me, mirrored straight from the cross. 

The seven I serve with most of my time and self don't often see me, but He reminds me that when I am motivated by my love for HIM, no amount of ingratitude can hinder us from serving one another, eyes on Jesus.

Most, He seems to be teaching me a lot about the church, His bride! It's always been the ministry of those we've been called to serve...but it's never been OUR full calling and ministry.  Verna, a life-time pastor's wife, gave me some great advice about praying about everything, our battle not being against flesh and blood, but over the very souls of His creation, and her words have come back to me over and over.

So stop and pray about everything, family...the enemy is not as it seems, and the True Enemy has done been defeated, as they say in Mississippi :)

The Lord sits enthroned over the flood, King forever. May He give strength to His people and bless His people with peace. 





No comments:

Post a Comment