Pages

30 September 2023

His narrative

From John Edleredge's "Resilient", washing dishes and getting my toes stepped on tonight...

We need to take our resilience much more seriously. 

A simple, satisfying step is to get your head out of the "wars and rumors of wars" and back into the story God is telling.  The story of God should get more attention time than any other media. So, if you spend 30 minutes a day consuming news and social media, then you need to be spending more than 30 minutes, twice as much, in His Word or listening to Biblical podcasts. Instead of using your downtime to scroll, use it remind you of the story of God....a song, a good sermon, a simple quote.

The battle right now is for the narrative : Who is framing the story for you? It will either be God, or someone else.  If you are alarmed, as Jesus said, something is drawing your attention away from the story of God. Let your fears, anxieties, anger or rage alert you that you've been taken hostage. Stop and get your bearings. 



1 The Lord is my shepherd; I have all that I need. 2 He lets me rest in green meadows; he leads me beside peaceful streams. 3 He renews my strength. He guides me along right paths, bringing honor to his name. 4 Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me. 5 You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies. You honor me by anointing my head with oil. My cup overflows with blessings. 6 Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the Lord forever.

2 comments:

  1. Kote dlo a koule pi fwe. Se la li va kondui mwen e se kote feb yo pi bel li mete paturaj mwen ❤️

    ReplyDelete