Pages

16 August 2023

glorious, unlimited resources

This week Emmaus Haiti kicked off a new year, tonight we gathered around our table one last time with dear friends moving to California, and tomorrow a beloved friend goes into major surgery. Matt is in Alabama and I am gathering up my emotions, to say the least. 

Lord, bring your strength and care into my emotions!

God gives good gifts. He is gentle. He is full of lovingkindness and tender mercies and relentless grace. 

Oh, the work is both precious and exhausting. 

6:15 am volleyball carpool. 10 pm packing of lunches. Patient work with Ben on his letters (this boy is proving to be a sponge-and-eager student!) and with Nora on multiplication and with Sofie on the search for a Northwest passage and the downfalls of courageous explorers. Baby, hot mess baby, into it ALL and vying strong for attention. 

I finally wrap up one school day and laundry and clean up by 3, start dinner, and then pick up the crew at 4 and immediately start the next school day...my heavens do these three bring home some homework! 

Breathing in and out prayers for our dear friend, wishing I could seek the steady counsel of my faithful dad, waiting for yet another meeting with yet another CPS worker, wondering if I can do this...homeschool and middle school and high school, all at once. 

God gives good gifts. He is gentle. He is full of lovingkindness and tender mercies and relentless grace. 

What is richer than this prayer from Ephesians 3, more than enough for right where I am?

When I think of all this, I fall to my knees and pray to the Father, the Creator of everything in heaven and on earth. 

I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit.Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. 

Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. 

And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. 

May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.



1 comment: