Pages

03 March 2023

seated

I've been working through Hebrews, and couldn't help but notice this time through the many images of Christ being seated.  

He offered for all time a single sacrifice for our sins, and then He sat down at the throne.

We can boldly draw near to the throne of grace He sits on. 

We can look to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who is seated next to God. 


I am weary.

We have been through the heaviest, hit-after-hit season of our lives, and as the clouds are finally lifting a bit and the sun is shining through, I feel wiped and sputtering and soaked to the bone. I want to spiritually pour hot coffee in my eyes as much as I physically keep considering it. 

So something just resonates deeply with me that our Lord and Friend did His work and sat down.

It warms my bones to know that He is not running around like a chicken with it's head cut off, trying to fix my circumstances. He is not flustered over our children, not frantic over the losses nor the waves. 

The God of our lives and home and circumstances? He is at peace. He hold power in His hand and a perspective of ALL...He sees it ALL...and He is at work, sitting by the Father.

I know stewing. I know midnight ponderings and what-if marathons and I know shepherding the emotions of many with little bandwidth to even consider my own. I know throwing up my hands in I don't know...I'm sorry!  I know breathing exercises and multitasking madness and balancing acts and making it all work and not coming up until I hit the wall.

But He doesn't. 

He doesn't know frantic nor tired, doesn't worry nor slumber.

He knows me, though.

He knows how my heart aches in this grief, and all the facets of processing this loss and missing my dad. He knew all the things involved in court yesterday and cared for our girls well and will continue to care for our family well as we persevere. He knows how my heart longs for Haiti...He knows the little things that hurt, the little things that chip away, He sees the hard places and He helps.

He helps, seated on His throne. 

Praise the Lord for a God like that...The
One who rules above and sees below and cares, at work and at rest over me.


2 comments:

  1. Stacey & Family,
    I am so sorry for the loss of your father, and all that you've been thru these last months. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of you. You truly amaze me with your ongoing faith, and don't let yourself feel unworthy if there is some time that you need to ask for prayers and strength along the way. I know you would say that to anyone of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do have our struggles, you are correct, Our father knows our problems and needs praying for you daily, thank you for letting us know about Matt, his travels Phil Westlund,.

    ReplyDelete