Pages

23 July 2022

what I needed

 My dear sister pulled all kinds of strings to get her family covered for two days so that she could come alongside ours, making it here right in time for Emma's one month bday. It was SO so good to have her...like, I needed it more than I even realized until the second she got here. It was so good to have someone in my family finally able to meet the three girlies that the last months have added...and to have my sister-friend here for me to let my hair down. I could be tired, I could be overwhelmed, I could sit back and watch for two days, and she jumped right in there and loved on kiddos, took walks, played games, changed diapers, listened to stories, and was my sister. 

We had five house showings while she was here, and it was SO much easier to get the house clean and out again and again with her help. So much easier to manage six kiddos (one at camp) with four hands. So much more fun to do a few things...the Jackson zoo...picnic at the park....going to the pool, with another adult, and especially with a Lisa. 

She's just a good mama, a good aunt and a good sister, and the Lord knew I needed her now. Wish two days could be six weeks, and that her sweet girlies could have joined us. So thankful for her husband and his grandma holding down the fort, and for her sacrifice to come.  Showing up for someone : just the best thing.














No comments:

Post a Comment