Pages

29 November 2021

home again

 We have decided that 24 hours of driving is a lot...and we were all wiped today. But we are so thankful we made the trek to Ohio for family Thanksgiving!

The best part was these sweet cousins...they have SO much fun together and only need the adults for snacks :)  They never have enough time and are always left asking for more...so thankful they have that, and always, so thankful for the miracle they each are, but especially Mayah...you just can't even snuggle her happy self without remember again and again what a miracle her life is!  

Pictured here are my sister, Adam and their kiddos, my dad and his wife Cindy, my aunt Patty (mom's sister) and her friend Billie, and Cindy's mom and dad, Diane and Jim...thankful Matt took the picture!  It had been a long time since I'd seen Jim and Diane and my Aunt! My brother did not come in as we'd hoped, and we were missing him, and his little girl.


I couldn't add an extra six hours in the car for the kids by the time we got to Ohio, but it was so worth it to get to Pittsburgh and see my grandma, my mom's mom.  She wasn't sure who I was...but she was sure that she loved me, and that time was precious priceless.

The entire trip, Ben talked about "when we get home, we are putting up the Christmas tree." He was literally driving us all crazy, so by the time we got home last night, we put all the bags to the side and got the tree out of the attic. I'm not sure WHY he's been so obsessed, but what a gift it was for me to go over each of those ornaments we begged you to send a few years ago in Haiti, and to remember the faithful love and prayers of the Smiths, the Nykamps, the Buzbys, so many more...the Shmidt ornaments welcoming our babies, plus precious ones my mom bought over the years that bring back the whole Christmasful of memories.  

Matt's full steam at Wesley, and the kiddos and I are trying to catch back up at school, church and home after a week away. Hope you all had such a sweet Thanksgiving!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment