Pages

03 January 2014

Quick update:  After a very eventful day of traveling, missing flights and missing bags Thursday (we all forgot to tell Junior NOT to put his boarding passes in his checked bags, and having never flown before HE didn't know, and with very close connections??  sigh.  anyway), Matt and Junior arrived in Indy late last night, got their bags this morning, thoroughly enjoyed a Junior-Utopia (Best Buy), touched snow for the first time, froze in their t-shirts, and headed for Marion!

One of the men overseeing the online program and who will be helping Junior during his two weeks in the States is a Haitian-American man!  Matt, he and Junior all had lunch together today and got June all settled it, and we were all blessed to learn that we all know lots of the same people, and that he actually lived TWO DOORS DOWN from Matt and I when we lived in Wilmore, KY in 2005 and 6!

Talking to Junior on the phone today while I was sweating and he was freezing was so funny :)  I so wish I could be there for my friend.

Matt stayed until Junior felt settled, and then Matt headed for Columbus while Junior headed into a weekend of orientation activities.

Matt and my dad are together in Columbus for the weekend, then Matt heads for Greenwood, Indiana for EBS board meetings!

All is well...

Thank you for all your prayers!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I will pray for the missing bags & things in them. Oh dear. I can't imagine. I must have missed what Junior is in the States for. EBS meetings always seem exciting, even board meetings!

    ReplyDelete