Pages

23 December 2013

Vacay

We have decided that vacation is largely underrated...especially in a place where NO ONE KNOWS YOU! We picked up my family and arrived in Puerta Plata late afternoon on Saturday. We spent all day yesterday eating food other people cooked, swimming at the beach and pool, and just enjoying being together! I'm sure most people feel this way, but I never laugh as hard and as often as I do with this group of people. Family! I've got lots of great pictures to share, but our connection is very slow and very limited (the DR is absolutley more affluent than Haiti...but we are still reminded that it is a third world country.) Tomorrow morning (Christmas Eve), we will head back home, but still have a few great days together at home before my family has to leave Saturday. So thankful for this chance to be away from home, from cooking and cleaning and daily routine, to be with my sister, brother-in-law, dad, husband and kiddos, and to enjoy and focus on some of the peace and joy of this dear season Better update tomorrow... Thinking of you all and praying for beautiful days together with your dear families and with HIM.

No comments:

Post a Comment