Pages

21 January 2021

bandaids

On our way to gymnastics yesterday, we stopped at Target to pick up a few things for Lady Jane's birthday. I asked the girls what they thought she would like, and Nora quickly mentioned a different neighbor fighting cancer who we pray for continually.

"We need to get HER something, Mom! Something to make her get well soon!"

"What do you think she would like, Nora-girl?" I asked, having already asked myself a million times what in the world I could do or buy or give on top of all my prayers that could actually make a difference to this suffering woman, unable to eat, unable to visit, unable to read.

"BAND-AIDS," Nora said matter-of-factly, as this five year old says everything. "We need to get her fancy band-aids. Those ALWAYS help me get better fast."

Despite my previous commitment to never purchase anything LOL Dolls, when Nora decisively chose a big box of sparkly LOL doll bandaids for our almost 90 year old neighbor battling esophagus cancer, they went in the cart. This morning, she wrapped them, by herself (I am now out of tape) and made her "Get Well Soon Love Nora" card.  When our neighbor called tonight to thank a beaming Nora, mama was all choked up. 

She is absolutely confident that her continual prayers and her sparkly band-aids are what our elderly neighbor needs, and I loved watching her BEING what she is sure needs done.

How often we put our faith in silly, sparkly bandaids...they are so powerless to make any difference in the huge broken places!

And yet...how often does He mention the child-like faith that moves mountains?





No comments:

Post a Comment