Pages

22 November 2020

still our hope

I'm having a hard time getting it together...just struggling. I'm homesick. Struggling with sadness I'm used to carrying lighter, struggling with sadness I'm unaccustomed to. Struggling with feeling very alone and foreign and small. Struggling with the past year, parts of it so painful, struggling with healing. 

I use the word "struggling" because I'm actively working it through. I'm continuing to battle until He brings me His peace. He's not finished, I'm not finished.  He's not going anywhere, and neither am I.

I'm just down. He's here, too. 

I know some of you can relate, and I trust He's faithful and good--those are HIS character, even when I'm struggling. Even when I'm not good.

So I pulled up an old post today, from last year, and I was in the middle--365 days ago--of a different heavy struggle. I wrote this--to you then--and maybe this time, to me.

 Even in the darkest moments, He is still giving gifts. He is still working miracles. He is still redeeming, He is still loving, He is still meeting us, He is still bestowing unmerited grace. He is still our Hope.

SO THEN.

Let us not give up hope, friends.

Don't give up hope for your long lost child, living so far from the Lord that it seems impossible that they would ever come to love Him. Don't give up hope for your broken self, falling into the same traps over and over again, discouraged. Don't give up hope for your imperfect church, don't give up hope for your bitter and broken marriage, don't give up hope for your deeply hurting friends, don't give up hope for all that has been lost. Don't give up hope for your country, God on the Throne.  And don't give up hope for Haiti, nor a one within her. 

Because HOPE, hope, it depends not at all on the situation, nor the object, nor even upon the men and women seeking it.  

Even in the darkest moments, He is still giving gifts. He is still working miracles. He is still redeeming, He is still loving, He is still meeting us, unmerited grace. He is still our Hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment