Pages

17 May 2020

space

Here is a good little word, from the book-gift I got in the mail today from I don't know who, for your continued quarantine Sabbath.

This season is a season of loss and space for literally every person I know...for you and I, dear ones, and some of you are in deep.

I don't know much about why God allows what and when.

But I DO know that it is His desire--every time--for our loneliness, our loss, our pain, for our diminishing, to increase our hunger for Him...

...for the voids and spaces and gaps in our lives to draw us closer to Him.

Praying for you today, friends, as we do not take for granted the painful space that has heightened our hunger for Him...may we taste and see that He is good.



I cradled my midnight questions
while mamas cradled their babies
and I let God's psalms tell me
He cradled the answer in Himself. 

I felt forgotten,
but I heard God speak He hadn't left me.

I felt weak, 
but I heard Him promise an overshadowing.

I felt anxious that my constant fumblings would annoy Him,
but I heard Him say He delighted in me.

And I felt hungry.

I wasn't this hungry 
when God was a distant coach,
forcing me to perform.

I wasn't this hungry
when I had a life easily explained,
easily predicted.

I wasn't this hungry
when everyone understood me.

Pain had created space.

Little did I know that I was to see
the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

Every Bitter Thing Sweet, Sara Hagerty



No comments:

Post a Comment