Pages

07 November 2019

a matter of perspective

The more time I spend in the Word, the more time I spend in prayer, the more time I spend in worship and Bible study and chapel and church and study with believers, the more my faith is strengthened. 

Some might say that to passover all the news and warnings and dangers and words of the day and feast instead in God's Word is to put one's head deep in the sand. 

I would argue that it is to plant one's feet deep in the sand, instead. 

Our perspective on our lives being greatly shaped by His perspective is of the utmost importance. There IS no greater reality. 

Forget even shaping my perspective, Lord, just give me yours. Give me yours.

When He does, the things of earth just grow so strangely dim. That which was impossible to become on our own strength and view starts to take root in our lives.  And as they do, we start becoming the men and women He has asked us to be. 

People of peace. Those who rise up with joy. Those who are strong and courageous. Those who keep no record of wrong. Those who love their neighbors, those who speak truth, those who are faithful, those who are growing, those who are being poured out. 

Taking on His perspective begins in us the transformations He offers, teaches, and requires. 

There are so many depressing perspectives on the day that I'm just not strong enough to take them on any more. 

But His?  

His perspective on Haiti? His perspective on my life? His perspective on my children? His perspective on that which concerns me today? His perspective on ME?

That, I can take. Because not only is it LIFE-giving and chain-breaking, but He also is ready to HELP us have it, every step of the way. 

If you're struggling today, shut down all the other perspectives that our day and age is SO quick to push, and get into the Word.

Turn on some worship and let your phone light up, let dinner burn, let the kids make a hot mess, let the night get too late, let the early morning wear us down, whatever...and get into the Word.  

Read it. Read it again. Study it. Pray through it. Keep going. Copy it. Journal it. Wrestle with it. Surrender to it. Read it out loud. 

If you agree with what you're reading, amen.  

And if you don't, you have the wrong perspective.  If you don't, you are wrong.  Lay your understanding down. Pick His up and trust that it is true without seeing it for yourself until you do. Or don't. 

What grace, what strength, what courage, what peace, what growth, what meat His Word has been giving me this painful famine.  

As we pour over His Word continually, it starts to sink in and change our perspective, and as it does, it changes our lives.

I NEED IT.  

Praise the Lord!  


If you want/need a reading plan to keep you in the Word daily, try this one...I'm almost through it and LOVING the grace days to catch up that it provides, and the parallel readings for each day from the Old and New Testaments.  

If you don't have a Bible, I will send you one TODAY. Please email me.




No comments:

Post a Comment