Pages

18 October 2019

reminded

Like all businesses right now, our network provider in Haiti is struggling to provide internet and carry on...if you've been trying to reach us and can't, or if I am not blogging, it is an internet issue, not an Ayars issue.  Keep praying!

These are stressful days, greatly troubled by lies of Satan and terrible decisions of sin and consequences of man, and we are grateful for your prayers and help, for your help and prayers.

I am reminded again and again that within ourselves, there is no good. Every ounce of good we embody or share or live is Him and His, and without Him, there should be no expectation other than evil and destruction that is SO prevalent in ALL our cultures today. I have nothing to offer of myself, that is sure, no wisdom or love or good.  

But He is, the kind of GOOD that should inspire awe in us daily, that should overwhelm us completely. Call me stubborn, call me naïve, call me stupid…I will not be overwhelmed by this, nor any other, darkness. I will not be overcome by it…not as long as I taste and see and hear HIS GOOD in the land of the living. He trumps it, again and always. 

I am reminded again and again that God does not only ask us to pray because He loves to hear our hearts, but also because pouring out our hearts to God is good for them.  He not only wants our worship, but worshipping transforms the disposition of the day.  He not only craves our focus, but focusing upon Him is exactly and ALL our hearts need.  This will forever be remembered in my life as a mighty season of PRAYER, not because of how grave the circumstances were, but because of how grave my need for Him.


I am reminded again and again how He provides. Growing up in the culture and place that I did, I often mistakingly thought that my hard work and dedication was providing for myself. If I worked hard and saved money, I could provide the things that I needed. If I had a locking door, I was safe. If I had a strong husband, he would protect me. If I had some money in the bank, I was secure. If I had the will, I could provide the way. 

As many times as He has allowed life to shatter those lies, never before like now.  Not one ounce of our security is wrapped up in a lock or key, not one ounce of our ‘safe’ wrapped up in what we have provided. No amount of money can make fuel appear, make school begin, get us propane, make peace reign.  He is truly our lifebreath...when it feels like it, when it doesn’t. Our God is truly the one who provides, from our waking to our sleeping and in between. I am thankful for this truth today, an American in Haiti, because it trumps the circumstances into which we were born and live.

He provides. He can be trusted. He is the one in whom is our life and being.  


I am reminded again and again how rich we are in His presence.  As this struggle in Haiti takes and takes and thins and thins, I have felt nothing but richer and fuller in Christ, experiencing more of the richness that our Haitian believer brothers and sisters exemplify continually.  None of this touches Him.  Our God, none of the evil or the injustice or the broken of the world touches Him. He is and was and will be, and He cannot be taken away or diminished or blocked. How rich we are in being His children.


I am reminded again and again how hungry He is for His people.  What breaks Him more than all the brokenness around us is the break between His created people and Himself.  Who would want this big mess?  Who would want these broken people? Who would want such far away, selfish, evil people?  

The same one who wanted ME.  

GOD DOES.  Just as no amount of hatred, evil, lies or brokenness one of my children could ever pursue could separate them from my love and desire to be in close relationship with them, God is in continual pursuit of His created people. He made every body and soul on this island, on yours, and HE WANTS every person you encounter today.  As He pursues them, the body of Christ must, too.

The Bible says that Satan, the thief, comes only to steal and kill and destroy. he is winning many a victory in Haiti today, through people living in darkness taking advantage of darkness for stealing, killing and destroying.  (John 10:10)

Should we be surprised that today, God’s enemy is doing exactly what God says IS his nature? 

But God also says not to fear he who cannot touch the soul (Matthew 10:28). 

God came and comes that we might have life…and have it abundantly.  

PLEASE KEEP PRAYING HIS LIFE over Haiti, His people, His creation. 

God did not warn that Satan will lie and kill and destroy and then WISH that people would have abundant life and love and joy and freedom instead. 

God CAME that we might have life and have it abundantly.  His coming made it possible. 

Christ COME makes it possible, TODAY.  

Even in your mess.  Even in mine.  Even in Canada, even in America, even in Europe, even in the Middle East, even in Africa, even in HAITI.  

Keep praying it, keep living it….life and life abundant in Him.



You can’t hear Him,
but He is wiser. 
You can’t see Him,
but He is more faithful. 
You can’t touch Him, 
but He’s nearer than whatever else you’d trust.
-Paul David Tripp


No comments:

Post a Comment