Pages

11 July 2019

be it

A year ago today I was HOT and HUGE and waiting in Haiti for sweet Ben to make his arrival, and when Sharon took this picture I remember feeling so RICH...to have my children around me and Dr. Jen next door and Sharon in the house and nothing but Ben to wait for.  I canNOT believe that Ben's going to be one tomorrow.  I still can't believe that the Lord wove so much grace and provision into Ben's life and entrance.
Last night our good friends drove down from their furlough in Mt. Vernon, Ohio, to join us for dinner.

When I graduated from high school, I spent the summer after my senior year in Haiti interning and living with Greg and Cathie.  So much of my love for the Haitian people and for ministry was planted by these two.  Then, when my mom passed away the end of my freshman year of college, I was struggling. Greg and Cathie reached out to me, in their busy life, and said, "Why don't you just come for a bit and work with us and be family?"

It was exactly what I needed, and I took a semester off to live and heal with them, God strengthening the roots my parents had planted and that He was planting in my heart for others, for service, for overseas ministry, for Haiti.  They loved me tough when they needed to, and well, always, and I will ALWAYS be thankful for their insight and willingness to just have me BE with them and live life alongside them as healthy, godly people when I was hurting so.

Since then they've loved Matt, loved each kiddo, still work and live in Port-au-Prince, visit us every chance they get and we visit them every chance we do...and I'm just so thankful.  What fun to catch up at dad's last night!
The Gospel isn't a thing, it's a PERSON, Matt is always saying.  Instead of talking about the Gospel or sharing the Gospel or simply studying the Gospel today, find a way to BE it, life-on-life, for someone today.  (hint: if it's not sacrificial, then it's PROBABLY not the Gospel...dive in there!)

Today is the final pack-n-weigh, weigh-n-pack day, complete with a few errands, bike rides with grandpa, collecting every last baby sock, and dinner with Cindy's parents, Grandpa and Cindy.

Pray for our children today...they are trying to keep up with all the hellos and goodbyes and packing and changing, but it's through the grace of your prayers.


No comments:

Post a Comment