Pages

05 February 2019

the everyday

This girl has had us in stitches twice this week, first when she told me she made me spider soup, and I thought she meant pretend...

And then later this week when her toddler tantrum turned into a very embarrassing moment for mom...here's what I shared on FB!

Angry at me, Nora yells, “NO!” and takes off running down the hall. A second later I hear the bathroom door slam, and the door immediately lock.

Due to a recent scary accident in which Joel’s finger was locked in a closed door and repeated instruction about never locking doors, I jump up and run to the bathroom door.

“Open the door right now!” I pound on the door and switch to firm voice. “You KNOW you are not allowed to lock doors, even when you are angry! Come to the door and open! It! Right! NOW!”

Silence.

At the end of the hall, Nora pops her head out of her bedroom when she hears my no-nonsense voice, and I realize I’ve been yelling at our 78 year-old British houseguest.

Oh my..it is always fun at the Ayars house.

We adored having Ms. Pam stay with us the past almost five weeks and are all missing her this morning! She's a fantastic teacher, and started working at Emmaus the year before Matt and I did...she's a selfless fun part of our family, and I'm especially grateful for her annual part in our kiddos lives.  
 
We also are so grateful for our time with the Lain's, who taught music again this year and are just an encouraging Christian model in our lives.  It was with great joy to our girls that they also brought Emma!!
It was hard to get the girls to go to school the days Emma was here, but she even joined them for a day!  Their class loved having them too, just win win!


Meanwhile, we push onward!  I love this picture of the kiddos walking to church on Sunday.
Nikki has upped her game to include homeschool co-opping on Thursdays.  Almost every family we meet in Haiti wants to know what Nikki's doing later :)  The education thing is not simple no matter what you do, and what Nikki does, she does WELL.  So thankful for her in our lives....not just homeschooling, but her love for Ben and Nora, her friendship for Matt and I, and for the ways she's always helping us point our children towards Jesus.

Meanwhile, Ben's been working on his sittin' skills, 
And Mom and Dad are back in the classroom.  

We have a beautiful campus and a sunny island and great teachers, but the sweet spot of Emmaus is it's students.  While it takes a lot of time and hard-work, working alongside of and pouring into the students is such a joy and privilege.  I've also got Nikki and Lori helping with English tutoring this semester, much-needed help for which I am thankful!
Sadly, Phil and Emily are off again, much progress on the classroom building made, and Maxi and Rick working at it this morning with the help of some master cement workers!  If we're gonna have steps, they're gonna be beautiful!

Next week, 50+ masters students will be on campus for our "Financial Management for Non-Profits" course, and we are all hoping and praying that this will the be the last class needing to be held in the library!!
 We spent some fun time at the Stolberg's chicken farm while Matt was gone...it's so beautiful out there!
Whatever your week looks like, let us continue on, working heartily, as for the Lord and not for men.








No comments:

Post a Comment