Pages

13 February 2019

let your heart take courage

There were three beautiful times today that the Lord quieted my heart seeing testimonies of staff, students and friends trusting Him, with joy.

What gifts on an anxious day.

For the first day in the last 8 of major shut-down, our staff members each and ALL had very difficult times getting home, many finally forced to walk for miles.  We've been on the phones all evening, and joined the students for prayer time in the chapel tonight, praying, praying, the most practical thing we can do. That may signify the end of classes. We will see what tomorrow holds.

It is a corrupt and broken world, my friends, with injustice and hardship and struggle so rampant.

Darkness and lies do what they do...destroy.

Today, today I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. 

Not only do I believe I will see it, but I AM seeing....In the joyful community and watchcare of our 20 master's students, heading off together into danger with His genuine peace.  This afternoon, in the trust of our men to give it to the Lord, kick off their shoes and play soccer in the wet grass.  This evening, in the gathering of our community in prayer, praying with all of our hearts, prostrate and sacred, surrounded by such tears and with such joy.

Please pray for our students and staff who are stranded in their communities, unable to leave due to violence.  Please pray for our staff and students who are stranded here, unable to leave for the same reason. Please pray for their families and for the many, many innocent who are suffering at the hands of a very threatening few.  Please pray for Haiti's leadership, so far so silent.  Please pray for the lights throughout Haiti to only grow brighter and bolder as the dark grows deeper.

Psalm 27:13-14 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

13 [a]I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord
In the land of the living.
14 Wait for the Lord;
Be strong and let your heart take courage;
Yes, wait for the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment