Pages

11 November 2018

carry on


Oh my lands, I'm sorry.  We are HERE and ALIVE and well and life has just been getting away from me as I search for the right ways to understand and share the right stories.  So many stories every day.    Let me save my story and just catch you up a bit for now.

Matt had just an awesome time in the States, spending quality time with Uncle Don, Stu and Cindy, Karen, Ethan and Haylie, Brian, Pastor Dave and Pastor Doug, Aunt Lori, Uncle Terry, Patrick and Amy, and lots of great people from West Park Church.  He finished the trip by driving a ways to spend the evening with these precious girlies, my sister and her husband and baby Addy.  
Friday was my mom's birthday, and we always try to celebrate by sharing a few memories and enjoying one of mom's favorite things.  This year Matt brought us Twizzlers from the States, her very favorite candy, and we talked and laughed and I'm so thankful for ways to share her with her grandchildren. I'm also thankful that she lacks nothing and is in fullness of joy...a far better birthday gift than anything we could have come up with.  Can't wait to see her again soon, and thankful I see her now, everyday, in friendships, in quiet moments, in mothering, in my sister and her mothering, in my children, though they never met her.
Saturday we picked up a few good buddies and headed to the beach, badly in need of a family day now that Matt is back and jumped right back into work.  It was a beautiful day in every sense of the word, and I was truly thankful for the beauty of the earth, for joyful, sweet, free moments with my children...like an overjoyed naked Ben in the caribbean for the first time and chicken fights for Lily and Events, Sofie and Josiah, and Nora adoring her father as they played, and cherishing Nora loving time with Gail.






Sofie, snuggling with the same puppy she met at the beach with Aunt Elisa a few weeks ago!
Look at these two :)
 
Ben gets a lot of love...whether he appreciates it or not :)
Mermaid Eventz :)

After the beach we enjoyed-slash-ignored-the-chaos through a cookout with a bunch of friends at our house...11 kids under 9 with 10 adults is probably unwise. But it was fun :)
This morning we were so wiped that we walked down the road for church instead of heading out again...It is sweltering hot and the road hasn't improved...
But every muddy step is followed by many of the villagers, heading to church as well, walking to school and work, walking to market.  The best thing about attending church in Saccanville is that so many of our friends and Emmaus family are there with their spouses and children and several of our students...it's worshipping with family, for sure, even if you're pouring sweat and muddy.
Check out this link for an EBS update from Matt!
And a little excerpt from chapel Friday, both of worship and of Matt and Jodenel preaching...(we've started translating Friday's English chapels for better English learning and Creole comprehension!)




So, one day at a time with Jesus, and carry on.


1 comment:

  1. My girlfriend has been cheating on me for months and I had no idea, I searched online to get help spying her phone. I finally found a recommendation about a reliable PI to help and I strongly recommend worldcyberhackers@gmail.com Mr James to anyone who needs help spying their partner. I was able to access her phone contents remotely and It literally worked without traces. Don't hesitate to message him if you need help, tell him i referred you.

    ReplyDelete