Pages

12 April 2018

rise up

Matt is safely home, though more than a little wiped, and we've very glad to have him back after an awesome few days at Sharptown, and some really good time with some of the very best people.

Our medical team has had some awesome clinics and are prepping or their final one tomorrow here in Saccanville, after hiking the mountains to Coup-a-David today!  It's a great team and we're thankful for good weather and uneventful set-ups and tear-downs.

It is REALLY starting to heat up, so we're out of the hot house and in the shade as much as we can be...this afternoon that included water balloons, which quickly became water babies (pregnancy is just all the rage right now) and Nora playing in the mud, in her beloved Easter dress, which she wears at LEAST once every day.  She adores it.

Meanwhile, the next Ayars adventure happens next week.  So so thankfully, Aunt Sharon (and our friend Anna this time) arrives on Tuesday, and Wednesday mama heads to Florida for this:
Yes...you did not know that I did public speaking because I DON'T.  That is Matt's thing.  But I guess that Crosspoint Women's ministries and OMS' Dynamic Women's ministries were not as interested in Matt :)  I put a lot of fleeces out there for this one, and every one came back a GO, so...I'm going.  

I'm trying to think of it more as talking...which I am obviously well experienced in. 

I arrive late on the 18th, leave on the 20th, but on the 19th, because of a lot of lovely people who have set it up, I have my very first (maybe only?) doctor's appointment.  We are all really excited to see and hear and know what we can about this kicking, ever-expanding and increasingly severe stomach condition I've been experiencing...very thankful for this opportunity.

Also, you know you're a foreign missionary anytime you get to talk to a male church missions pastor about your obgyn appointment.  I'm pretty sure I left dignity back in 2006, so it's all good.   

Then that evening I'll be sharing for about 45 minutes, and would really covet your prayers for this "out of my comfort zone" opportunity to share the Gospel with several hundred women.  THANK YOU!  If you're in the Niceville, Florida-ish area, I would love to see you there!

I am SO grateful Sharon will be here to hold down the fort and love on the girls (we have tons of visitors the next 2 weeks and I could NOT be exiting stage left for three days like this without her), very grateful for the stretching and digging and growth this event has already pushed me towards, and am so excited to see lots of Niceville friends and a few dear friends from college driving down for it from Atlanta.  

On top of all that, all I can really think about is the FOOD.  There's been no point thinking about pregnancy cravings I can't satisfy, and now I'm pretty sure I'm going to need to eat 67 times in that 48 hours.  I'm also not sure I know how to be childless for two whole days (I guess technically I'll still have one with me :)  But it's the quietest one of the bunch, at least for one last trimester.  
Thank you for your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment