Pages

18 April 2018

girl time

Our extra grace has arrived safely, with Sharon and Anna already meal planning, learning the route to school and the tricks of the truck, how to do "uniform" hair, helping with French homework, worked on Lily's batting and timed Sofie's running, showering me with some fresh, new maternity clothes for my trip, homeschooling, preparing to cook for visitors, grading English workbooks, hemming pants, warming Nora up and washing dishes.  And yes, that's all since they got here yesterday afternoon.

As my friend Shelley noted last night, "We ALL need a Sharon!" and it is the TRUTH.

At least I desperately do, and I am so grateful!

Because of all that extra grace, I'm teaching class Wednesday morning and able to head out after.  I'm not quite sure what to do with going somewhere other than the bathroom (and even then, rarely) by myself.  Packing for one person is ridiculous. I actually took things OUT of my purse to prepare. I'm bringing no entertainment for three flights.  I have no stickers, no wet wipes, no fruit snacks, no cardboard books, and no crayons.  It's more than a little weird.

Add in getting to wear pants for a few days, and I'm not quite sure what to do with myself.

And don't get me wrong...I get a LOT of precious girl time.
Like Tuesday morning devotions, 6:30 am.
But I'm really looking forward to spending some time with some girls over ten, encouraging each other on in our walks, stepping back for a bit, pushing forward a bit.

And Matt's going to get lots of good girl time, too :)  He's as grateful as I am to have Aunt Sharon and Anna holding down the fort so he can keep on in his work and come home to food other than scrambled eggs.

My doctor's appointment is Thursday morning (what a privilege!), and then our "Rise Up for God's Purpose" is Thursday evening (also what a privilege!) and I head back to Haiti Friday evening and Saturday morning.  Thank you for your prayers for all!






1 comment: